Thread: feinwerkbau LP102

feinwerkbau LP102

First let me point out that I am a collector who likes old things, and also likes to shoot at home from time to time.

Is the 102 noticeably more muzzle heavy than the 100?

Were there any reliability problems relating to the fact that cocking of the 102 is a double stroke business as opposed to single?

I have spent hours on the web trying to find reviews of this gun, and come up with almost nothing, so my request for information is not laziness.

I know that the 103 is the Rolls Royce of ssps, but I would have to re-mortgage my house to buy one.

I find myself torn between the FWB100, 102 and the Walther LPM1. The only thing that puts me off the Walther is the cocking effort. I am 68 years old, and my wife says I am no longer good for anything.

Is it really that hard?
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

I purchased a 100 on here last week and have to say the cocking effort is not At all heavy, not sure about the 102, they are muzzle heavy but only in regards to the overal balance, the actual pistols themselves are actually quite light, I prefer the weight being biased to the muzzle end and normally end up weighting my other pistols to give this balance, the 100 suits me superbly but like any pistol it's each to their own.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Thanks for the advice.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    First let me point out that I am a collector who likes old things, and also likes to shoot at home from time to time.

Is the 102 noticeably more muzzle heavy than the 100? - No, they are the same in felt weight

Were there any reliability problems relating to the fact that cocking of the 102 is a double stroke business as opposed to single? No - both very reliable

I have spent hours on the web trying to find reviews of this gun, and come up with almost nothing, so my request for information is not laziness.

I know that the 103 is the Rolls Royce of ssps, but I would have to re-mortgage my house to buy one.

I find myself torn between the FWB100, 102 and the Walther LPM1. The only thing that puts me off the Walther is the cocking effort.Cocking effort is about the same as the FWB 100 - have you tried one? I am 68 years old, and my wife says I am no longer good for anything.

Is it really that hard?
    Try searching on the AVA site - American Vintage Airguns, as a few US collectors have examples of the FWB 100 series in their collections.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post

the Walther LPM1. The only thing that puts me off the Walther is the cocking effort. I am 68 years old, and my wife says I am no longer good for anything.

Is it really that hard?
    No, its more a knack.

Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?