A few years ago I was reading a book on black powder muzzle loaders (think it was an old gun digest book) in this book there was an artical about a ball swaging kit, first you used the aluminium mold to cast lead rods, then usung a hole on the cylindrical 2 part steel die, you cut the rod in prices of the right length then place the bit of lead in the die then you hit it with a hammer, now you have a swagged ball + flashing, to remove the flashing you pushed the ball through a hole in the aluminium rod casting mold.
I have just asked the friend who's book it was to see if I could borrow this book but he sold it
Does any one know the name of this kit or have the artical in question they could copy for me? As I know some one who is interested in this kit, (explaining it is one thing but seeing pics of it is better)
Please, if you can help, this is driving me mad trying to remember the name of the kit as I remember searching for it on the net when I was reading the book but it was on a computer I no longer have.