Thread: Sheridan blue and silver streak

Sheridan blue and silver streak

Hello, I'm the proud owner of 2 sheridan air rifles, the blue streak and silver streak. The blue streak I got from my father who I'm guessing bought it new. He did a few modifications to it. I replaced the seals and she works like new. The silver streak I just picked up and needs new seals. the stock has several scratches and what not from use. I've thought about refinishing the stock and do something with the finish on the barrel. It's nickel plated and appears to have some fine scratches all I've. I use a bit of semichrome on a hidden spot. What would this do to the value of the rifle?

Well done for coming on here and asking for advice prior to getting stuck in and afterwards telling us what you have done (possibly incorrectly).

I'm sure some on here will be able to guide you accordingly.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Thanks. The blue streak cannot go back to stock as my father had a squirrel carved in the stock and replaced the trigger guard. But over all the gun is in great shape. And shoots great.

The silver streak is all original as far as I can tell. There is one deep scratch that will not come out unless I sand it aggressively, but that will change the shape of it so it will stay.

I wish I could post pics of these beauties.

Refinishing vintage American airguns almost invariably lowers the value; however, the standard Sheridan is not a rare airgun by any means, so, I advise to make it your own and do whatever you wish to it.

By the way, I prefer Flitz polish instead of Semichrome. Flitz will maintain a constant color over time while Semichrome will darken with age.

For vintage stocks that need to be brought back to life, I use Briwax (available in antique stores) to cover up scratches, etc.

After replacing the seals, I've decided to not,touch it. Just going to shoot it and have fun.