First of all let me say that I have nothing to do with The Southern Humters that is a bag that in my opinion is being carried managed and improved by the dedicated people who have taken on the mantle, well done Charles, Terry and Chris.

However over the last few years I have been heavily involved in the SiHFT administration and have been instrumental in welcoming Iden Ferns into the competition some Iden Ferns members actually shooting for Buxted in the formative years of the competition before Iden were welcomed with open arms into the competition as a none hosting team. A position they obviously no longer want as over the last few seasons they have rarely field a full team.

During these years I feel people were under some misconception that they were full members of the competion and as such had or should have hosting rites. They were invited guests the SIHFT is and always will be a competition for the original five clubs. Guest clubs may and always have been since the very first year invited. Invited being the operative word and this invitation is at the discretion of the five hosting club heads.

From personal experience I can only say that trying to organise anything with previous Iden Ferns organisers has proved difficult in the least. I have personally spoken with Iden members to organise dates for end of season hosting offers on numerous occasions over the years and have gotten nowhere so had to schedule the event elsewhere.

It is a great venue but if members want to host regional events I suggest they actually pool their resources get their fingers out of their arssssses and organise themselves to a position where they can communicate effectively with people trying to organise and run a regional series.

I agree it is a great venue but if you haven't got communicators you will get nowhere, as organisers need communication. Calendars don't create themselves nad organisers need commitment from clubs, dates are planned months in advance and have so many other series to work around.

Chinese wisphers is not a shooting game.

Andy Simpson

Buxted HFT HOC