Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which 22 pellets for accuracy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ruger_shooter is offline Meadowlark Lemon's Personal Tailor
    Bisley Magnum - great accuracy and consistency.

Ive got some Bisley Magnums. Going to give them a try.......

This

I use this , no matter what pellets I've tested It always decreases group size.

Napier Air Pellet Power Lube increase accuracy by 50%
    by Solware Ltd

And no I'm not affiliated !!!
    Brocock/ ss .22 sidewinder .22 aa s400 .177 webley .177 Russian sidelever 6 shot thingy, .177 multishot CO2 pistol, old BSA .22 Pistol That I learned to pistol shoot on, .22 Spanish Rifle ASI Rangemaster , Gat Gun somewhere ,177 sp100 , BSA .177 pre war rifle .

Quote Originally Posted by Turriking View Post
    I use this , no matter what pellets I've tested It always decreases group size.

Napier Air Pellet Power Lube increase accuracy by 50%
    by Solware Ltd

And no I'm not affiliated !!!
    Again evidence that there is no one answer. I used this after cleaning pellets to stop them oxidising; did not see any improvement compared to either ‘out-of-the-tin’ or ‘cleaned’. What has happened, after a number of months, is the lube has gone sticky, it will need washing off again.

.22 pellets

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Again evidence that there is no one answer. I used this after cleaning pellets to stop them oxidising; did not see any improvement compared to either ‘out-of-the-tin’ or ‘cleaned’. What has happened, after a number of months, is the lube has gone sticky, it will need washing off again.
    Don't forget jsb express 14.35g,falcon accuracy plus 13.4g\jsb rs 13.4g,webley accupells 14.3g.All these give a flat tradjectory in 12fpe and are very accurate subject to the individual barrel of course.

German

Try RWS pellets, very high quality

bossmugler is offline More breaking even than breaking bad
    I found the accupells and the falcon accuracy gave superb results both in my springer and pcp. The falcon accuracy gave a slightly flatter trajectory due to their lighter weight

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewshaw View Post
    Try RWS pellets, very high quality
    hw are also a very good quility pellet

Jsb

I find jsb are the best but every rifles different

Air Arms Diabolo Field are best, in my experience. Hit a bullseye with a .22 at 60 yards today, with a spring gun. Gotta love that.
    Air Arms Pro-Sport .22 cal walnut stock (2019), BSA Supersport .177 cal (1999), British Diana Model 27 .177 (1950s), Umarex 850 M2 .22, Webley MkVI Service Revolver .177 pellet (2019), Sig Sauer XFive .177 pellet, Colt 1911 pellet.

AA Diablo Fields Has consistency and accuracy in many rifles..

according to i hunter the new qys .22 pellets come out in January
    Ive got to give them a try cause their .177 are ace in my bsa r10

Which 22 pellets for accuracy

I picked up a 2 shot venom raider that i'd had resealed & when i was putting the stock back on at home 2 bisley magnums fell out the shuttle that were covered with a sticky waxy gunk, i wondered what that was , thanks for solving the puzzle.
    Last edited by junglie; 22-11-2022 at 10:39 PM.

I wonder if the likes of pre-lubed Napier pellets also suffer from that issue, or if they use a different formula. Hadn't noticed any particular issue on the odd tin I've used it with.

I use .22 calibre even for target shooting and I find the JSB Exact Diabolos in 5.51 , 15.89 grain perfectly good for target shooting at 25 meters, but I only compete against myself.