Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which 22 pellets for accuracy

i use air arm fields in all of my guns

Which 22 pellets for accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Again evidence that there is no one answer. I used this after cleaning pellets to stop them oxidising; did not see any improvement compared to either ‘out-of-the-tin’ or ‘cleaned’. What has happened, after a number of months, is the lube has gone sticky, it will need washing off again.
    I picked up a 2 shot venom raider that i'd had resealed & when i was putting the stock back on at home 2 bisley magnums fell out the shuttle that were covered with a sticky waxy gunk, i wondered what that was , thanks for solving the puzzle.
    Last edited by junglie; 22-11-2022 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Again evidence that there is no one answer. I used this after cleaning pellets to stop them oxidising; did not see any improvement compared to either ‘out-of-the-tin’ or ‘cleaned’. What has happened, after a number of months, is the lube has gone sticky, it will need washing off again.
    I wonder if the likes of pre-lubed Napier pellets also suffer from that issue, or if they use a different formula. Hadn't noticed any particular issue on the odd tin I've used it with.

I use .22 calibre even for target shooting and I find the JSB Exact Diabolos in 5.51 , 15.89 grain perfectly good for target shooting at 25 meters, but I only compete against myself.

I haven't used FAC .22, cant see the point, but at 12ftlb the FTT pellet is very good but the Crossman Premier is superb. I found that accupell,s vary way too much to be consistently accurate.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Putting my few ha'penth into the mix...

I used to use AA Fields, but found that JSB RS grouped better. Odd, as I never got on with JSB Exact or any other 'short' pellet for that matter.

Recently I have tried Bisley LRG. These are worse than the RS out to 30 metres, but better at 40, which I don't understand.

Never got on with H&N FTT, RWS Superdome, Accupel, Accupel FT. I use an AA Ultimate Sporter. I know many others rate these pellets, but as always it's what your barrel likes.
    The problem with being old is that you can remember when things weren't crap. Sometimes.