Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which 22 pellets for accuracy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This

I use this , no matter what pellets I've tested It always decreases group size.

Napier Air Pellet Power Lube increase accuracy by 50%
    by Solware Ltd

And no I'm not affiliated !!!
    Brocock/ ss .22 sidewinder .22 aa s400 .177 webley .177 Russian sidelever 6 shot thingy, .177 multishot CO2 pistol, old BSA .22 Pistol That I learned to pistol shoot on, .22 Spanish Rifle ASI Rangemaster , Gat Gun somewhere ,177 sp100 , BSA .177 pre war rifle .

Quote Originally Posted by Turriking View Post
    I use this , no matter what pellets I've tested It always decreases group size.

Napier Air Pellet Power Lube increase accuracy by 50%
    by Solware Ltd

And no I'm not affiliated !!!
    Again evidence that there is no one answer. I used this after cleaning pellets to stop them oxidising; did not see any improvement compared to either ‘out-of-the-tin’ or ‘cleaned’. What has happened, after a number of months, is the lube has gone sticky, it will need washing off again.

.22 pellets

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Again evidence that there is no one answer. I used this after cleaning pellets to stop them oxidising; did not see any improvement compared to either ‘out-of-the-tin’ or ‘cleaned’. What has happened, after a number of months, is the lube has gone sticky, it will need washing off again.
    Don't forget jsb express 14.35g,falcon accuracy plus 13.4g\jsb rs 13.4g,webley accupells 14.3g.All these give a flat tradjectory in 12fpe and are very accurate subject to the individual barrel of course.

German

Try RWS pellets, very high quality

bossmugler is offline More breaking even than breaking bad
    I found the accupells and the falcon accuracy gave superb results both in my springer and pcp. The falcon accuracy gave a slightly flatter trajectory due to their lighter weight

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewshaw View Post
    Try RWS pellets, very high quality
    hw are also a very good quility pellet

For the past two years [after discovering that RWS Superdome - 14.5 Grns, were 'spreading-out', beyond 30 yds, in my guns] I've been 'satisfactorily' using AA Diabolo Field - 16 Grains in my SFS Imp and 'Bowkett-Blueprinted' BSA Scorpion SE. People have suggested I try several of the ones mentioned above, which I haven't yet got round to doing [I'm getting great accuracy to at least 55 yds].

In a Webley Stingray, which I bought last week, I have been trying JSB Jumbo Express Diabolo [14.35 Grains], a new tin of which having been given to me with the gun. I'm not sure of their ultimate accuracy capabilities, yet [gun and pellets] - I've been using the gun, for the first few 'shooting-hours', without a scope, as I like the way it points / balances with open sights - it reminds me of shooting in my teens, especially that part that saw me walking along the local canal towpath, with a BSA Model D, Improved, under my arm.

Cheers, Dave.
    Last edited by Gabby Hayes; 09-07-2018 at 08:07 AM.

barf zader

I tried every pellet known to Man after I retired, washed lubed waxed drawn and quartered and found to my surprise that it made little or no difference at all!
    bit sad really,
    On regaining my senses I had it figured,

Good quality pellets make all the difference, you get what you pay for,

There are three main contenders, JSB, Air Arms (both made in the same factory) and H&N,

All three will make most guns happy, but one of them will perform the best in your gun (pellet to barrel)

Clean your barrel, fire 30 pellets, then a test group on paper, having found the best performer use that,

if you really want perfection weigh your chosen pellets and buy a sizer to make them totally consistent,

Happy And Safe Shooting.

Jsb

I find jsb are the best but every rifles different

Air Arms Diabolo Field are best, in my experience. Hit a bullseye with a .22 at 60 yards today, with a spring gun. Gotta love that.
    Air Arms Pro-Sport .22 cal walnut stock (2019), BSA Supersport .177 cal (1999), British Diana Model 27 .177 (1950s), Umarex 850 M2 .22, Webley MkVI Service Revolver .177 pellet (2019), Sig Sauer XFive .177 pellet, Colt 1911 pellet.

AA Diablo Fields Has consistency and accuracy in many rifles..

Drop tables?

Trajectory hold overs are even more important than accuracy if one is talking distance.

Is there any source of drop tables from the various manufactures. Normally it is the intention with most pellets that they not be injurious at longer range.
    At longer ranges I wonder if the typical pellet will be able to penetrate a paper target. I have read of accounts for 5.56/.223 rifle bullets bouncing off of the targets at 1000 yards for example when using less aerodynamic projectiles and wonder if the same would happen to pellets at say 200 yards.
    I only use a pellet gun when I want a 'safer' projectile because of human presence near by. Now days there are pellet guns with legal integral silencers attached in the USA so it might be less noisy. My interest in this is more from a safety perspective since being in the USA I have unregulated access to what ever firearm I want that is not over 50 caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Trajectory hold overs are even more important than accuracy if one is talking distance.

Is there any source of drop tables from the various manufactures. Normally it is the intention with most pellets that they not be injurious at longer range.
    At longer ranges I wonder if the typical pellet will be able to penetrate a paper target. I have read of accounts for 5.56/.223 rifle bullets bouncing off of the targets at 1000 yards for example when using less aerodynamic projectiles and wonder if the same would happen to pellets at say 200 yards.
    I only use a pellet gun when I want a 'safer' projectile because of human presence near by.
    There's an iPhone app called Chairgun which is excellent for calculating trajectory and force over distance. It allows you to input pellet weight, muzzle energy and wind conditions. I recommend it. Long story short, my UK-legal .22 calibre 12 foot-pound Air Arms Pro Sport (underlever spring gun) still has about 5 foot-pounds of power at 100 yards. That would not only puncture paper but also bare flesh, so you still need to be careful.

For an illustration of what power remains after 200 yards, I point you towards this fun video where a shooter hits an exploding target at 218 yards with the same 12 foot-pound spring rifle that I have, the British-made Air Arms Pro Sport. He's using the .177 calibre version, which obviously has a flatter trajectory, but he still has to aim about six feet above the target. When it hits, the pellet still has sufficient energy to set off the reactive target. As you Americans would say, "enjoy!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QaCvOgRIjY
    Air Arms Pro-Sport .22 cal walnut stock (2019), BSA Supersport .177 cal (1999), British Diana Model 27 .177 (1950s), Umarex 850 M2 .22, Webley MkVI Service Revolver .177 pellet (2019), Sig Sauer XFive .177 pellet, Colt 1911 pellet.

according to i hunter the new qys .22 pellets come out in January
    Ive got to give them a try cause their .177 are ace in my bsa r10

Which 22 pellets for accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I picked up a 2 shot venom raider that i'd had resealed & when i was putting the stock back on at home 2 bisley magnums fell out the shuttle that were covered with a sticky waxy gunk, i wondered what that was , thanks for solving the puzzle.
    Last edited by junglie; 22-11-2022 at 10:39 PM.