Thread: Which 22 pellets for accuracy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

German

Try RWS pellets, very high quality

bossmugler is offline More breaking even than breaking bad
    I found the accupells and the falcon accuracy gave superb results both in my springer and pcp. The falcon accuracy gave a slightly flatter trajectory due to their lighter weight

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewshaw View Post
    Try RWS pellets, very high quality
    hw are also a very good quility pellet

For the past two years [after discovering that RWS Superdome - 14.5 Grns, were 'spreading-out', beyond 30 yds, in my guns] I've been 'satisfactorily' using AA Diabolo Field - 16 Grains in my SFS Imp and 'Bowkett-Blueprinted' BSA Scorpion SE. People have suggested I try several of the ones mentioned above, which I haven't yet got round to doing [I'm getting great accuracy to at least 55 yds].

In a Webley Stingray, which I bought last week, I have been trying JSB Jumbo Express Diabolo [14.35 Grains], a new tin of which having been given to me with the gun. I'm not sure of their ultimate accuracy capabilities, yet [gun and pellets] - I've been using the gun, for the first few 'shooting-hours', without a scope, as I like the way it points / balances with open sights - it reminds me of shooting in my teens, especially that part that saw me walking along the local canal towpath, with a BSA Model D, Improved, under my arm.

Cheers, Dave.
    Last edited by Gabby Hayes; 09-07-2018 at 08:07 AM.

barf zader

I tried every pellet known to Man after I retired, washed lubed waxed drawn and quartered and found to my surprise that it made little or no difference at all!
    bit sad really,
    On regaining my senses I had it figured,

Good quality pellets make all the difference, you get what you pay for,

There are three main contenders, JSB, Air Arms (both made in the same factory) and H&N,

All three will make most guns happy, but one of them will perform the best in your gun (pellet to barrel)

Clean your barrel, fire 30 pellets, then a test group on paper, having found the best performer use that,

if you really want perfection weigh your chosen pellets and buy a sizer to make them totally consistent,

Happy And Safe Shooting.