Thread: El Gamo Centre /Center advice please

El Gamo Centre /Center advice please

I have just been given one of these pistols (.177) in complete but tatty condition.

I think the gun needs a strip and check over before I attempt to fire it.

Is there a good strip and service guide anywhere please? I assume a standard springer clean lube etc will follow?

The main problem seems to be that the grips are right handed and I am a leftie. Are left handed or indeed ambi grips available?

Is there a source for other spares i.e. seals - I don't seem to see them on the usual Chambers site?

Many thanks

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Thank you Roy - I don't know how I missed that!

I recently picked one of these up in poor condition. The main frame at the front where to two screws go is broken both sides, tho they still hold it, rear sight is missing and it wouldn't fire. 20 min in the batcave saw it firing but very low on power as the original Spring was broken causing the initial problem. Picked up a new spring and seal only to find the seal isn't a direct replacement needing a different washer to hold it in place...... I did find strip down guide somewhere on the inter web for it tho, will see if I can find it again and post the link up for you

I'm still undecided as to whether I'm going to try and source the needed parts to turn it into a useable pistol or out it in favour of a more viable project lol.

In your hunt for spares note that the Falcon shares most if not all internals so be sure to include that in your search terms.

Good luck and I'll try to keep an eye on the thread to see how you're doing with it, may be the inspiration I need to help me decide.
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

Thank you very much.

I will try and strip it in the next couple of days and see what we are dealing with.