Thread: Airgun World October 2013 / Daystate Battery Fix

Airgun World October 2013 / Daystate Battery Fix

I am looking for a copy of an article that was published in Airgun World in October 2013 (I think)

It was a article showing you how to replace the twin batteries in an Early B type Daystate MK3

My friend has bought an early MK3 but it doesn't charge, ( tried additional chargers) it has the early twin battery packs in it and I want to replace them with either a single 9 volt battery rechargeable / or non rechargeable or two single 4.8 v batteries as per the original layout.

Electrics are not really my thing but I can do basic soldering

The cost of sending it to Daystate for an update on the electrics/ service would be more than he paid for the rifle.

So looking for a simple DIY solution to try.

Any help appreciated.

Here's one way of tackling the problem.

And a thread from the Daystate forum where I showed how to make a simple connector for a PP3 battery.
    This is what you end up with. You'll need to be registered to view the pics, but the parts link should help and there are other links/info which may be of use.

-Good quality alkaline PP3's only give about 600 shots before the reducing voltage lowers MV. I thought I'd get more, but testing showed otherwise.
    -Lithium PP3's will be better but are an expensive option, it'd be better to buy the Mk4 style rechargeable battery if you do anything other than hunt IMO.
    -Rechargeable 9v batts don't supply sufficient voltage IME to work properly.

HTH

Replacing the originals with like for like is not difficult if you are familiar with a soldering iron. Just follow the connections ... But new batteries are not cheap. The last time I did my MK3 I think the pair of batteries from Daystate cost me over £50 although I believe a quick Google may bring up other suppliers.
    At one point I tried to find the battery packs from a battery supplier but only found items in Australia!

A Google on what you want to do may help.
    I have a sheet that has this at the bottom of the page:

http://www.cones-stuff.co.uk/Daystate%20MK3%20Battery

Maybe it will work. I believe I just searched for Daystate Mk3 Battery swap

Cheers, Phil