Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: MTC Optics LTD

Quote Originally Posted by what barn door View Post
    Hi Gary, Hi Adam,

I've enjoyed reading through this thread whilst having a few beers, I am an ex coachbuilder and engineer, I want to know if I hit my fiat with a shoe will it be any better, I did once own a vauxhall but it quickly became known as my Vauxhall Disastra.

PS Adam your not exactly new to MTC are you? I am sure I have dealt with you some years ago, I still have 3x mamba lite, 1x Viper and Ix connect, pleased to say all working very well.

Cheers
    I am newer than most of the team there 👌 But you wouldn't have dealt with me if it was years ago mate!
    I wanna be the airgunbbs Model

Flp Covers

Recently bought a 3-12 44 EVX absolutely cracking scope, the only down side is the flip covers, they are (were) little short of useless, they constantly came loose of their own accord and flapped around, I got them a tight as I could to prevent this and then one day I flipped it up to shoot and with a loud (well loudish) ping the bolt sheared. Wandered back to the shop and they offered to send it back but did say hold your breath coz MTC customer service was decidedly dodgy these days, their words not mine!

My mate bought the same scope on the same day and he had resorted to using the sticky tape from pellet tins to keep his covers in order, I am bemused as to why they seem so poor when another shooting buddy has 4 MTC Vipers and his covers are still going strong.

End result is I threw them away and replaced them with Vortex Defenders and my mate uses the old bikini covers from his hawke, great scope dodgy ancillaries.

You seem to be making an effort on here but sounds like some of your outlets have little faith in your service.

Not seeking any recompense just thought you should know.

Hello,

i am am sorry to hear you have had the problems with the flip ups, if you tighten the screw that usually resolves the issue, however if not I will replace them free of charge. As for the feedback regarding the out let I would be very interested to see who has said that, via pm would be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Caleb View Post
    Recently bought a 3-12 44 EVX absolutely cracking scope, the only down side is the flip covers, they are (were) little short of useless, they constantly came loose of their own accord and flapped around, I got them a tight as I could to prevent this and then one day I flipped it up to shoot and with a loud (well loudish) ping the bolt sheared. Wandered back to the shop and they offered to send it back but did say hold your breath coz MTC customer service was decidedly dodgy these days, their words not mine!

My mate bought the same scope on the same day and he had resorted to using the sticky tape from pellet tins to keep his covers in order, I am bemused as to why they seem so poor when another shooting buddy has 4 MTC Vipers and his covers are still going strong.

End result is I threw them away and replaced them with Vortex Defenders and my mate uses the old bikini covers from his hawke, great scope dodgy ancillaries.

You seem to be making an effort on here but sounds like some of your outlets have little faith in your service.

Not seeking any recompense just thought you should know.
    I have the same problem with my EVX but I will be getting some Buttler Creeks to replace them with. My Old mamba Lite and my two Vipers are still fine with these flip covers.

A.G

Just want to to say thanks to Adam for great service for replacing my rangefinder manual, supper helpful and quick service

MTC Viper Connect 3-12x32 that l own appears to have a problem regards focusing the reticle. I can get clarity of the reticule but l have to turn the adjuster ring to "almost" its maximum travel. Anyone know if its possible to adjust this ring ? .. hope lve explained myself clear enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggysreels View Post
    MTC Viper Connect 3-12x32 that l own appears to have a problem regards focusing the reticle. I can get clarity of the reticule but l have to turn the adjuster ring to "almost" its maximum travel. Anyone know if its possible to adjust this ring ? .. hope lve explained myself clear enough!

Do you wear glasses? And if you do, do you remove them when shooting the ocular adjustment is to compensate for your eyes ability to focus at given distances as is a dioptre on a camera viewfinder.
    The MTC connect is a good example as it would seem to have less adjustment than most other scopes.
    If you are aware of the above it may be faulty but I doubt if you could do anything with it.
    Don’t confuse luck with ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggysreels View Post
    hello, unfortunately it is not possible to adjust the occular lens further than it is currently set.

Quote Originally Posted by woodmister View Post
    Hello Phil,

thank you for your kind words regarding the scope,

can you please pm me a picture of the damage so I can see if it is something I can sort for you?

cherrs

adam
    Hi Adam
    Thank you very much for offering to look at this. I will pm you 2 photos
    Kind regards
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by woodmister View Post
    Hello Phil,

thank you for your kind words regarding the scope,

can you please pm me a picture of the damage so I can see if it is something I can sort for you?

cherrs

adam
    Hi Adam
    you can't attach photos in a pm so will try and e-mail you them
    Regards
    Phil

Hi Adam

I have just bought, from someone on this BBS a Viper Pro 3-18x50, I do not know the full details of age etc till I get a reply from the seller. The scope is absolutely immaculate with no scratches or dents.

Unfortunately I am currently of the opinion that, hopefully only, this particular example is certainly not the best optics that I have experienced, I have been testing by trying to set it up for benchrest 25yd targets and find it impossible to get a clearly focussed picture the target circles are fuzzy and the whole target area appears "milky". In addition when one does get a reasonably focussed target, even the slightest movement of the head backwards or forwards gets the picture distorted again.

I had a couple of guys at the club take a look and "twiddle" but they both had the same comment, words to the effect "it is almost there but ....." I was intending to replace my Falcon M18 with this scope but that is on hold at the moment

I cannot believe that this is situation normal for one of your scopes so do you have any suggestions as to how to get it sorted please?

Hi mate,

unfortunatly i am am no longer with MTC. However I can’t leave a fellow shooter in the lurch!

stefano who is the MD may be able to sort this for you.

if you send an email to stefano@daystate.com I am sure he will try and assist you as much as he can,

however as the scope is 2nd hand I’m not sure if the warranty will cover it!

if it was myself I would swap it out for you as I know the new scopes are very good optics. So for this one to have a defect I would imagine it’s a 1 off..

keep me updated!

all the best Adam

Hi Adam

Show this contact to Gary who hopefully will remember me when I used to come and annually audit his ISO 9000 Management System in Swindon some years ago (I had to go to the depths of despair to pass him) - anyhow I bought a pair of Optisan binoculars from him which have been brilliant. But, the "twist up" ocular adjustments have become very loose and there is very little friction to hold any given setting in place - can these be looked at which I will be quite happy to pay for. Also I dropped one of the front lens covers in the depths of the seat mechanism of my LR Discovery - never to be seen again, do you keep these? I know you will want to know the binocular details which I don't have as I write but I can easily get them.

Ian
    A good friend and formidable enemy

Hi Ian,

again in I would suggest contacting stefano on the above email as he will be the best person to assist with this! I know that being part of the MTC gang you always try your best! God knows Gary is very trying lol but I’m sure if they can help they can! Again keep us posted mate!

atb

Quote Originally Posted by niloc View Post
    Hi Adam

I have just bought, from someone on this BBS a Viper Pro 3-18x50, I do not know the full details of age etc till I get a reply from the seller. The scope is absolutely immaculate with no scratches or dents.

Unfortunately I am currently of the opinion that, hopefully only, this particular example is certainly not the best optics that I have experienced, I have been testing by trying to set it up for benchrest 25yd targets and find it impossible to get a clearly focussed picture the target circles are fuzzy and the whole target area appears "milky". In addition when one does get a reasonably focussed target, even the slightest movement of the head backwards or forwards gets the picture distorted again.

I had a couple of guys at the club take a look and "twiddle" but they both had the same comment, words to the effect "it is almost there but ....." I was intending to replace my Falcon M18 with this scope but that is on hold at the moment

I cannot believe that this is situation normal for one of your scopes so do you have any suggestions as to how to get it sorted please?

Bin it mate - the new MTC scopes are shite.

The new Mamba Lite is ok for daytime use but, poor with an NV add on.

The old Vipers and Mambas are good.

However, all are surpassed by the Hawke Airmax range for both day and night (NV) use.

If you're ever down this way, I have a mix of all that you're welcome to come and compare.

Atb

All of the above.