Thread: Morini CM84 E

Morini CM84 E

Hi Guys
    Probably done this the wrong way round but, ive agreed to buy one of the above (pic example below).
    Ive shot this pistol a few times at our club and love it! It has great balance and its a single shot loader.

Any thoughts, especially from anyone that has one?

http://www.picparc.co.uk/wp-content/...3.oUOl3ILD.jpg
    BSA Mercury .22, Steyr SSG69, Enfield No4 Mk1*, Schmeisser AR15 Ultramatch, 1938 Mauser KKW K98 Trainer.

Simply the best free pistol, not decision you will regret. If the picture is your gun, you have the long compensator, not sure why you would also want a weight as well as the compensator hanging out front.

Get a spare battery on fleabay, will probably need to come from Germany so takes a couple of days. The gun does not auto off if you leave it switched on, so battery will flatten. And you will leave it switched on by accident sometime, so get a spare battery before you need it.

Don't set the trigger too light, easy to set it to 30 grams and it will punish you, better set it so there is positive feel, start no lighter than 100g or so. Also it is tempting to maximise the sight radius, but shortening it can help.

Mine does not consistently eject some brass, eley is fine, cci standard velocity is as cheap as chips and is fine. Mine has a diet of hideously expensive ammo simply cos that's what I have. So find an ammo that suits you and gives you confidence.

Lastly, many are modified to a single rod rather than the star trek enterprise look. This only saves a few grams, but for some reason feels nicer to shoot.

Enjoy.

Thanks McTrucky

Some great advice. No, the picture is a stock from Google, not the actual pistol that I will be having.
    The one I will have has the two "Star Trek" rods to the rear but no front balancing weight and I think the front sight is presently set as far forward as it will go.

The guy selling it did mention batteries and the need to make sure its switched off after use or it will drain quickly, so once again, great advice.
    As I recall, the trigger is already set with a positive feel, though that actually is extremely light (in comparison to my rifles!), but I will have a play about to see what suits.

Of course, I will get some pictures up as soon as I have it..
    Thanks again
    BSA Mercury .22, Steyr SSG69, Enfield No4 Mk1*, Schmeisser AR15 Ultramatch, 1938 Mauser KKW K98 Trainer.

There should be three different springs that allow differing trigger weight ranges. If you don't have these, don't worry. If you do have them, I suggest leaving them well alone until you've gotten used to the gun. The grip should be snug but not too tight, just apply gentle pressure evenly and when you shoot try to feel the recoil, watch the sight picture and let the gun drop back on target after the shot. If the recoil is not consistent, and the gun hops differently then the shots will not land consistently. You need to work on keeping everything consistent. Be patient. The free pistol is the most difficult shooting sport, and so when you get it right is one of the most rewarding. It is not for plinking, it is hard work, but as I say, very rewarding when it goes well.

Did you get a case with the gun? If not, you can get a cheap tool case from Wickes, or B&Q, or get a case off fleabay advertised for model helicopters for about 30 quid.

Thanks again.
    It does have the springs, not sure which is fitted, it also comes with a hard alu case which has been rigged out with cut hard foam, all original pamphlets, screw drivers and an excellent cleaning rod etc.

Really looking forward to using it, so just now awaiting the turnaround of my variation

Battery

Hi,

I'm pretty sure these are the batteries for the CM84E and CPC are based in the UK

http://cpc.farnell.com/varta/px74-10...15v/dp/BT05725

Cheers

Mark

Thanks Mark.
    Would you beleive it, the guy thats selling me the pistol gets his batteries from Farnells too!
    Thanks for the link, useful.

Now have the Pistol

So, received the pistol today, fantastic.
    I decided as I was at the range, I should have a few rounds through it.
    Amazed at just how good the trigger is, McTrucky mentioned three spring weights, this one is fitted currently with spring No 1, I have 2 & 3 also with the pistol.
    See pics below, this is during cleaning, the previous owner used to fire 20 rounds every other weekend, and it did get its barrel cleaned, but Ive spent some time cleaning the action around the breech as well as removing the compensator/sight shroud and removing the excess build up of powder residue around the end of the barrel.
    It came with a fitted metal case and all original accessories as well as the original user manual and check round certificate from Morini.
    All in all, a great investment and I know I am going to enjoy shooting this pistol.

http://www.picparc.co.uk/wp-content/...4/DSC01370.jpg
    http://www.picparc.co.uk/wp-content/...4/DSC01380.jpg
    http://www.picparc.co.uk/wp-content/...4/DSC01381.jpg

You lucky boy. Looks sweet, and these things are like hens teeth on the second hand market now. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by McTrucky View Post
    You lucky boy. Looks sweet, and these things are like hens teeth on the second hand market now. Enjoy.
    Thanks
    Weekend cant come quick enough to shoot it again!

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Very nice,and a real bonus to get such a well fitted case,enjoy
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr