Thread: .223 brass

.223 brass

Picked up a considerable amount of once fired brass today....

after sorting it through the majority ( approx. 500 rounds) appears to be stamped CJ 94.

Does anyone know if its ok for reloading and what this is worth as these is far too much for me here. Thanks
    Without curiosity, evolution would have been greatly flawed.....

Sounds like it could be Norinco brass, chuck it all back in the same bin you found it in.

also got some IMI and PMP...is that shite too

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    also got some IMI and PMP...is that shite too
    It's considerably better than that shitty Chinese Norinco gear, and reloadable if boxer primed, but what you have got to remember is that people don't throw decent brass in the trash

lol....when I say picked up, I don't mean off the floor. I bought it as a job lot of brass.

I've still got some norinco .223 brass from the 1990s it's ok brass.
    G A Damron V ,the vegatarian varmint destroyer.

For what it's worth. Brass is worth as much as people are prepared to pay for it!!!!!!!!!!........Norinco brass......you may be lucky and find someone willing to pay up[ to £10/100; probably not!! Most once (???) - fired commercial .223 brass commands about £10-25 per 100. (Bearing in mind that "Once-fired" might not really be that at all!!) Once fired ex-mil stuff like RG, GGG, or IMI normally goes for £10-£15 per 100.

Your IMI (Israeli) and your PMP (SA) cases should be OK for reloading if they're boxer primed which they probably are. Only real issue with ex-mil cases is the Primer Crimp which takes a wee bit of time to remove. 3 seconds each with a battery drill operated countersink tool will do the job easily.
    Last edited by DedIdick; 11-05-2016 at 04:08 PM.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

The IMI and PMP brass has been deprimed and ive sorted out the crimp, just loaded one lot up and gotta test see how it is...

The SA stuff is heavy weight compared to everything else though, so gotta be careful loading that.

223 brass

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Picked up a considerable amount of once fired brass today....

after sorting it through the majority ( approx. 500 rounds) appears to be stamped CJ 94.

Does anyone know if its ok for reloading and what this is worth as these is far too much for me here. Thanks
    According to my chart, only the letters CJ show up
    China North Industries Corp., (NORINCO), 7A Yue Tan Nan Jie, Beijing, Peoples Republic of China