Thread: FWB Mod 100 SSP

FWB Mod 100 SSP

I know that the FWB 100 series pistol was in production between 1988 -1992 There appears to be a few revisions \ improvements that I have noticed in mine.

Serial Nr 415863 has a diffuser incorporated into the end cap and a different rear sight mount with fitted wood grip piece.The two piece grips have no finger grooves or stippling to the palm area.

Serial Nr 409501 has a barrel that extends slightly beyond the end cap and is not counter bored. The rear sight mount block is curved underneath and the grips have finger grooves and stippling to the palm area.

Some examples came with a light grey main body,which surprisingly looks ok in the flesh ( alloy )

I assume that these revisions were as a result of feedback from shooters. Does anybody know exactly when these revisions were introduced.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskv6vuff

I have often wondered why some have a wooden piece under the rear of the pistol below the rear sight, and others don't. The upper web of the hand would come into contact with it.

I just assumed some people removed that third piece of wood.

Is this not the case?
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    I have often wondered why some have a wooden piece under the rear of the pistol below the rear sight, and others don't. The upper web of the hand would come into contact with it.

I just assumed some people removed that third piece of wood.

Is this not the case?

No, they are a different style and the body of the pistol is machined differently. I guess it was something that shooters asked for,as they didn't like the feel of cold metal on the web of the hand.