Thread: Recommendations for .36 revolver

Recommendations for .36 revolver

My poor old 44 R&S revolver is past its best so I am in market for a replacement. I fancy something in .36 which is eligible for competition so Old Army is out I think and it needs to be more accurate than I am so that widens the field.

Any ideas?
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    My poor old 44 R&S revolver is past its best so I am in market for a replacement. I fancy something in .36 which is eligible for competition so Old Army is out I think and it needs to be more accurate than I am so that widens the field.

Any ideas?
    Well, AFAIK there is/was no .36 Old Army, so you are stuck with the usual players- Uberti and Pietta. Pietta, in particular, has come on in beaps and lounds in recent years.

Henry Krank is your friend.

tac

Griswold and Gunnison...

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post

Any ideas?
    Just my two pence worth but I used to shoot a Whitney .36 by Palmetto. It was one of the most accurate non target specific black powder revolvers I have ever owned, it was also eligible for MLAGB competition and cheap to feed.
    I believe there's one for sale on Gunstar at the moment. always worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by BaskervilleDog View Post
    Just my two pence worth but I used to shoot a Whitney .36 by Palmetto. It was one of the most accurate non target specific black powder revolvers I have ever owned, it was also eligible for MLAGB competition and cheap to feed.
    I believe there's one for sale on Gunstar at the moment. always worth a look.
    I like the look of that. I'll have a look at the Phoenix next month. Thanks.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

I am in the Vintage Arms Assocation and I still use my .44 for completion shooting in the service revolver shoot, I suppose it depends on the organisation you shoot with