Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: British 0.22 5.6mm pellets

British 0.22 5.6mm pellets

Where can I obtain a diet of 0.22 pellets for my Mk2 Airsporter 0.22 imperial size 5.6mm?

Cheers

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    Where can I obtain a diet of 0.22 pellets for my Mk2 Airsporter 0.22 imperial size 5.6mm?

Cheers

Steve
    Hi Steve,

The Marksman pellets from John Knibbs (link below) are 5.6mm, but I find RWS Hobby pellets work fine in my Mk1 Airsporter.

http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...5.6mm-Pellets/

Hope this helps.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 22-04-2016 at 04:13 PM.

Bisley Wasp, readily available if a little hard,cheapest bought online.

Many thanks lads - it was easy 45 years ago when I had my original Mk1 Airsporter - I used to use Blue Wasps.
    I lent my original Mk1 to a mate 35 years ago - to use on rats in his chicken run....he's still has it!
    I bought one yesterday for a bit of nostalgia, as from 1976 I became addicted to a certain German company which gave their rifles an HW prefix.

Cheers

Steve

Ta for the heads up re 'Marksman' 5.6mm, had heard they were around. I've been using 5.6 mm Blue Wasps in my '61 & '71 Mk 3's & Airsporter Mk 2 & 4 - found them OK, cheap, but some tins have, er, quality issues.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

£7.50 with postage on top, thats a bit steep, try Sheffield air guns for a better price.
    Hw77+7

Morning all.

Been through all this looking for the best pellet for my mk1 Airsporter.

Got a supply of Wasps in the blue tin, will try some marksman in 5.6 when i get a reason to put an order in to JK.

After much digging the highest quality pellet you can get for the old .22s is the Defiant Vintage available from Pax Guns in north London. I believe they do these by mail if needed.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Also try superdomes and Bisley LRGs. Both are fairly large, and the LRG go well in my 5.6mm barrels.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

In addition to the above, some people advocate Milbro Twin-rings, and RWS Superpoints.

I have had good results with RWS Superfields.

Marksman pellets

I ordered some from these chaps yesterday evening; cheapest I've seen them and P&P reasonable
    http://nmpgroup.net/marksman-22-air-...3428_3644.html
    Tins, boxes, round & pointed. Also .177s
    Prefer the boxes myself from a nostalgia point
    Single 500 box .22 round are £3.95
    Interesting link to the modern Lincoln Jeffries pellet site http://www.marksmanpellets.com

I can vouch for the Defiant's being excellent quality, I'm about halfway through a box. They're big so easy to handle yet not too heavy at 14.5gr (same as superdomes) and its the only pellet I've seen so far that looks exactly like the big picture on the adverts, very clean. A bit pricey though.
    I too have a tin of wasp's (new) and found them very poor quality.

Another shout for milbro twin ring they do seem to be bigger

Never had any success with the new Wasps.

The Vintage Defiants suit my MK1 and 2 Airsporters very well, but I thought they had already been discontinued.

The best 'modern' pellets I've encountered are RWS Superdomes and Hobbys. They are officially 5,5 mm but still seem to suit the bigger barrels - maybe because they are softer and deform to fit more readily?
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Yep Vintage Defiants - look around, pax, blackpool air, e bay, solware etc

RWS Superdome, and FTT in 5.54 in the old broad barrels. You can specify size of FTT from suppliers like Sportwaffen Schnieder our German friends
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34