Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: British 0.22 5.6mm pellets

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    I keep asking the question - has anyone tried the Vintage Defiants and if so - how do you rate them for Airsporter Mk1s and 2s etc?

ASM
    I miss my late Mum and Dad and think of them every single day!
    The E.U. is built on pure Poopenshtinken!
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    I keep asking the question - has anyone tried the Vintage Defiants and if so - how do you rate them for Airsporter Mk1s and 2s etc?

ASM
    Very highly. I hit the famous Quigley bucket at the Airgun Bash several times (Witnessed by Ed) with my Mk 1s and 11s, all on a diet of Vintage Defiants.

They are a little expensive and as I said, I believe they have already been discontinued - would be very happy to learn otherwise.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post

ASM
    Use them in a Webley break barrel, because they are most accurate. V Mach suggested I try them originally as they'd had great results in old UK 22 barrels (I think one of their customers suggested to them)

My other old Webleys, both prefer RWS - shooting SD SP SHP equally well, though one does slightly favour FTT 5.54 .

My BSA Superstar before I sold it to a good mate liked SD, the previous owner found Bisley lrg good in it. Superfields are worth a go as well in uk 22 barrels .......

Haven't got an airsporter, hope that helps -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Use them in a Webley break barrel, because they are most accurate. V Mach suggested I try them originally as they'd had great results in old UK 22 barrels (I think one of their customers suggested to them)

My other old Webleys, both prefer RWS - shooting SD SP SHP equally well, though one does slightly favour FTT 5.54 .

My BSA Superstar before I sold it to a good mate liked SD, the previous owner found Bisley lrg good in it. Superfields are worth a go as well in uk 22 barrels .......

Haven't got an airsporter, hope that helps -
    My Wife has a couple of Webley Trackers and Vulcans - all of which .22, but I thought by then that Webley were using 5.5mm bores - may be wrong though!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    Very highly. I hit the famous Quigley bucket at the Airgun Bash several times (Witnessed by Ed) with my Mk 1s and 11s, all on a diet of Vintage Defiants.

They are a little expensive and as I said, I believe they have already been discontinued - would be very happy to learn otherwise.
    Hi thank's Paul, I am happy to shell out now (they are pricey) and yes, I heard too from somewhere they were to be discontinued!

ASM

Pellets

Tried defiants in my old Mercury they were ok but the RWS superdome where the most accurate i found

[QUOTE=Airsporterman;7063920]Hi thank's Paul, I am happy to shell out now (they are pricey) and yes, I heard too from somewhere they were to be discontinued!

The Defiant Vintage (.22 calibre only) has been available on E**y since production of them started about 3 years ago, and they should continue to be available for at least another three years whilst stocks last. Production of them has ceased since the manufacturer sold the business & machines to H&N in Germany. They apparently have no plans to re-start production of the 'Vintage'. High quality can never be cheap!

milbro select,people must think i have shares in them seeing i keep recommending them.stated as 5.5 but are bigger and work well in my bsa standard and worked well in the web.mk3 i used to have.in fact these pellets worked best in my . rifles and were the cheapest to buy.i think it's the low price that discourages people. atb

Across a number of BSAs and Webleys, I have had good results with Hobbys, Superfields, Defiants, and Milbro TR. I hear good things about Superpoints too.

FTT also available in 5.55mm 9as well as 5.54) - just a thought ....
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34