Thread: lubricating a fwb100

lubricating a fwb100

Im going to be resealing a fwb lp100 in the next week or so and im wondering about lubrication.
    Am i right in saying that the fwb grease is a lithium based grease, and if so, is there a modern alternative?
    I have some ultimox 226 here which is a zero silicon, ptfe based lubricant known for its very high combustion temperature. From what I've seen its much like the same consistency of the fwb grease.

Hopefully someone on here will have extensive experience with the lp10* pistols and be able to point me in the right direction.
    Donald

Sorry gave info on HW 100 not FWB 100. Think I drank too much at dinner tonight.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Lol.. thats the right type of lubrication leading to the wrong type of lubrication!
    Donald

Bumping for some inside knowledge
    Donald

Hi Donald

You would be better posting messages re 10m air pistols on the Target/Competition thread, but here is a post from the Target Talk forum http://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=30341

"FWB told me when I visited the factory a few years ago, that their special grease is a SYNTHETIC grease and is acid free. It is the only grease they recommend for lubing the specified parts of the air gun and that also includes plastic/nylon/PTFE on metal as well as metal on metal.
    They never said their grease was a silicone grease. "
    Evo 10 Compact.

Fwb 100

I changed the seals in mine recently and used the fwb grease, why would you want to use anything different ?

Quote Originally Posted by 10/10 View Post
    I changed the seals in mine recently and used the fwb grease, why would you want to use anything different ?
    Might be a cost/availability issue. The 4g tube is €5.20 however the flat rate postage from Germany is around €17. Seems a bit steep for such a small item, however it should last many years and no doubt be the best choice both in the short and long term to maintain an expensive pistol. Could order other bits/grease to balance the cost

I found the seal set at sportswaffencentre-gotha for £14 posted.. they also do the grease but im going to use the ultimox 226. The seals should come this week and ill report back on the grease.
    I dont see the ultimox being being a problem. Its the same consistency and the same colour lol.. joking aside, the ultimox is good stuff. Ive been using it on oring seals for the last couple of years with no ill effects and good results
    Donald

All resealed and relubed today - no problems. I dont have a chrono i can check the pistol over but my poi shifted up about 2 1/2" over 14yds so i think it worked lol!

I was having the same problem that Cones was having on his thread ' inside the fwb100', where air was being trapped and there was pressure left in the cylinder after each shot. The seal kit fixed this.

Now the pistol goes off with a healthier snap and unusually a slight ping! Accuracy is spot on and I'm looking forward to some range time on Friday.

I sent my dad some plans for a pistol bench rest, fingers crossed he made it for me so I can really test it's accuracy!
    Donald