Thread: Nitro muzzle loader

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nitro muzzle loader

I am interested in getting one of these. Anyone got one or know of one for sale preferably privately? How would I need to word my variation?

Quote Originally Posted by CLINT3 View Post
    I am interested in getting one of these. Anyone got one or know of one for sale preferably privately? How would I need to word my variation?
    A 'whatever the calibre it it is' muzzle loading revolver. The means of ignition is academic.

tac

I'm assuming you mean a pistol or revolver ?

If so I have 2, a Pietta Cattleman in.44 & a Westlake Armscor in .38 (Sorry but neither are for sale at the moment) both proofed for Nitro propellant.

Your variation request should be for a Muzzle Loading Revolver (or "Pistol" if going for a single shot, but that's another licencing can of worms) it matters not a jot to the variation what powder you will be feeding it.
    I am quite certain that the argument you've already won in your head was entirely more satisfying to you than the one that is actually occurring.
    Member of WR&PC,BASC & UBC

Quote Originally Posted by xx.Morph.xx View Post
    I'm assuming you mean a pistol or revolver ?

If so I have 2, a Pietta Cattleman in.44 & a Westlake Armscor in .38 (Sorry but neither are for sale at the moment) both proofed for Nitro propellant.

Your variation request should be for a Muzzle Loading Revolver (or "Pistol" if going for a single shot, but that's another licencing can of worms) it matters not a jot to the variation what powder you will be feeding it.
    I already have a Rogers and Spencer. Unfortunately it is now virtually impossible to get spares for it. Also the mess involved in shooting it puts me off a bit. Why doesn't someone produce a mess free powder which doesn't turn your muzzle loader into a grenade?
    INRS surely.

Quote Originally Posted by CLINT3 View Post
    I already have a Rogers and Spencer. Unfortunately it is now virtually impossible to get spares for it. Also the mess involved in shooting it puts me off a bit. Why doesn't someone produce a mess free powder which doesn't turn your muzzle loader into a grenade?
    INRS surely.
    I use a powder in the USA called Alliant black mz.water clean up and as far as I have tested will not rust a bore.it ignites easily with regular strength caps also.much better than pyrodex or triple seven. I had a Rogers Spencer and I used it and that gun with quite good luck. But like you I broke a part and Spares are virtually impossible. I had a machinist make the part and then sold the gun.
    G A Damron V ,the vegatarian varmint destroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrympope View Post
    I use a powder in the USA called Alliant black mz.water clean up and as far as I have tested will not rust a bore.it ignites easily with regular strength caps also.much better than pyrodex or triple seven. I had a Rogers Spencer and I used it and that gun with quite good luck. But like you I broke a part and Spares are virtually impossible. I had a machinist make the part and then sold the gun.
    Sir - please read your PMs.

tac

Have a look at this
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php?topic=2603.0
    .32 nitro muzzle loader
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php