Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Air Gunner,June issue

I would be surprised if a wood option didnt appear in the future,as a previous person commented "love my wood".
    Also some stocks nowadays are "wood composite" er. MDF?
    Now just yesterday i was reading a Garden Railway Forum, and a chap was using a type of MDF guaranteed for 10yrs outdoors, wernt cheap though,£180 PER 8 X 4 sheet if i remember.
    I have a Walther Maxus,wood stock, i think its Beech,or maybe not?A gamo Forest was composite wood and similar colour, a sort of light gold brown, not the usual darker Teak/Walnut colour.
    If ever i should be flush enough then i will have it dipped in Burr Walnut like a TX stock i had done years ago,looked so good a lot of people were fooled by it and couldnt beleive it was transfer.
    Might struggle to do a rubber coated stock though!!
    Don.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    I did just that and I was directed toward DIY products and a couple of pages about binoculars.

As I said, my own tests, and these involve extensive hard use and abuse, have shown these stocks to be able to do a good job on a hunting rifle. I'm sure the manufacturers of these stocks have carried out their own tests.

Buy what you prefer - as we all should. Personally, I wouldn't let some as yet unfounded fear about what may or may not happen to a stock coating over five years down the line stop me from enjoying a rifle as good as the HW110.
    Perhaps you should have googled 'sticky binoculars'.... That's popular too

But either way I'm glad you look fondly on the gun - I look forward to picking up a cheap one in about 6 years time

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Presumably, all of the people you told us about who have pre-ordered, for a start, Moley.

Also, those who aren't fussed about polishing their wood and just want something practical that shoots like an HW100, but is lighter and less expensive, could find the 110 an attractive option.

The fact is, it's already selling extremely well and having used one for a while, it's easy to see why.
    When is the release date anyone please?

Quote Originally Posted by Simonsays View Post
    When is the release date anyone please?
    is that not an oxymoron , as Terry D states its already selling well. (an on this i do stand to be corrected)
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

I took this to mean advance orders as there is nothing I can find to say it's in the shops...

They do a synthetic hw100 in green, but only seen them on eu sites selling airguns.

They do a synthetic hw100 in green, but only seen them on eu sites selling airguns.

http://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/w...synthetic.html

i did ask about buying one but including postage i think it was just under £300..

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Hoping there may be an example at the Northern Shooting Show next weekend ?
    “An airgun or two”………

seems someone else likes it, there is a statement from someone (on another site) claiming that Phil Hardman is being sponsored by Weihrauch.
    Last edited by T 20; 19-05-2016 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Link to dead animals removed, as per forum rules
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    That is a rumour.
    The fact is that Elvis had a tattoo of Terry on his left arm.

Chris
    Elvis who?
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.