Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Gunner,June issue

Thumbs up Air Gunner,June issue

Praise where praise is due.. The Editor has (may i use his words) truly impressed me ,because this is the June issue i will refrain form any more comments. Mods if you feel this is in appropriate, (sales ect) please feel free to lock/delete/ect.
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Well, that's a wind-up - you've got to give us some sort of clue at the very least...

What is that thread all about

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    You can brown-nose all you like, but one little slip and theres a quip under your username like it or not

Is it anything to do with terry doe sporting his elvis tattoo ( just a rumour)

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    That is a rumour.
    The fact is that Elvis had a tattoo of Terry on his left arm.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    ... The Editor has (may i use his words)...
    Is it anything to do with Terry Doe sporting his Elvis tattoo...
    Countryboy, Messrs Price & Doe may require you to attend a re-education session .

[There's no charge for my capitalisation service].

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    Praise where praise is due.. The Editor has (may i use his words) truly impressed me ,because this is the June issue i will refrain form any more comments. Mods if you feel this is in appropriate, (sales ect) please feel free to lock/delete/ect.
    This is why I am crap at cryptic crosswords.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Has anyone the very slightest idea what this thread is about?

Anyone?

At all?

For the record, I have no Elvis tattoo (perhaps Countryboy of this parish may care to explain what the bleddy hell he's on about), although I am an admirer of the King's musical stylings, especially when I'm:
    a). In Las Vegas.
    b). Pissed.
    c). Both of the above.
    d). In my man cave, wishing I was any and all of the above.

I have a tattoo of the Romani flag on the inside of my left arm and another of the Cross of St George on the inside of my right arm. Thus, I can make good on my claim that anyone wishing to stop me flying my flags would have to cut off my arms, and each flag is positioned to cover my heart when I place my arm across my chest. Yes, how very deep and meaningful.

Right, I've got 50 pellets in this tin, just about 40 quality shots left in me for today and I'm trying to train myself back to my former mediocre glory, so I'll bid you all goodbye.

Laters, you BBS taters.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Well like everyone else I'm none the wiser then, but thanks for the insight into your personal body art. ( I'm impressed)

Well like everyone else I'm none the wiser then, but thanks for the insight into your personal body art. ( I'm impressed)
    Don't be. The flag tattoos are fairly small; they're for my personal reasons, rather than 'body art'. Frankly, any sort of worthwhile 'art' on me would deserve a far better canvas.

However, I can lift the lid on the mystery of this thread. The OP was impressed that Air Gunner editor, Phill Price, stated that he preferred the cheaper Weihrauch HW110 over the flagship HW100. I can see what Phill means, too, although others will disagree. I said that the HW110 will be a monster, and after shooting it intensively for a few months now, I am even more convinced.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

yes that was it in a nut shell, the Editor (Phill) clearly prefers the HW110 to the flagship 100, and states a such (in the big test) now obviously you can dismiss this out of hand but i would ask you to think about it ,it is a massive statement. (from an Editor of a gun mag) ..
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

It's nowhere near June in Dorset.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Don't be. The flag tattoos are fairly small; they're for my personal reasons, rather than 'body art'. Frankly, any sort of worthwhile 'art' on me would deserve a far better canvas.

However, I can lift the lid on the mystery of this thread. The OP was impressed that Air Gunner editor, Phill Price, stated that he preferred the cheaper Weihrauch HW110 over the flagship HW100. I can see what Phill means, too, although others will disagree. I said that the HW110 will be a monster, and after shooting it intensively for a few months now, I am even more convinced.
    Assuming that they manage to get any into the shops, quite people are cancelling orders that have existed for nearly 4 weeks because of the delay! Personally speaking if I have a wood stock I like to see the wood, not some rubberised paint, though given the quality of HW100 stocks recently I can see why they are painting them!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Assuming that they manage to get any into the shops, quite people are cancelling orders that have existed for nearly 4 weeks because of the delay! Personally speaking if I have a wood stock I like to see the wood, not some rubberised paint, though given the quality of HW100 stocks recently I can see why they are painting them!
    Oh shut up Moley. You've been moaning for weeks now and it's all been sorted. Any normal person would just have rubbed it down a bit and put some oil on it.
    Does anyone know how much longer the 110 is compared to a KT?

Chris