Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Gunner,June issue

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Assuming that they manage to get any into the shops, quite people are cancelling orders that have existed for nearly 4 weeks because of the delay! Personally speaking if I have a wood stock I like to see the wood, not some rubberised paint, though given the quality of HW100 stocks recently I can see why they are painting them!
    This 'quality of HW100 stocks recently' thing, Moley. Is it based on an extensive survey you've carried out, or are you yet again referring to the stock of the rifle you bought that had a mark on it?

As one who has used the HW110 hard and under all sorts of hunting conditions, I can tell you that the rubberised stock really earns its keep. The HW110 was designed as a practical, more affordable, precision hunting rifle, and it does that job extremely well.

As for getting them in the shops, I'm told that supplies of the HW110, in .177 and .22, will be with us in a couple of weeks.

I do hope that helps, although I suspect it won't.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Oh shut up Moley. You've been moaning for weeks now and it's all been sorted. Any normal person would just have rubbed it down a bit and put some oil on it.
    Chris, there, proving once and for all what a loss he was to the Diplomatic Corps.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Oh shut up Moley. You've been moaning for weeks now and it's all been sorted. Any normal person would just have rubbed it down a bit and put some oil on it.
    Does anyone know how much longer the 110 is compared to a KT?

Chris
    Chris unless we report quality failings things will get worse and in the case of Weihrauch they have not got much further to go down, when you think of the quality problems with the springs and internals on 95s, the 99s that eat themselves even post fixing with a Delrin insert, now woodwork by James Howlett on the flagship model. Unless we report things and try to get them fixed at source they only get worse! Look at Daystate, things have got so bad there Gary from MTC has been called in to help them sort it out! If my moaning stops someone else feeling ripped off after forking out for a top of the range air rifle with a seconds quality stock on it then damned good!

Prices I have seen for the 110 puts it around the £650 mark...

http://www.solware.co.uk/weihrauch-hw110

http://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/air...hw110-22/16023

http://www.airrifleshop.co.uk/Guns/W...hrauchMain.htm

Seeing as I can get an HW100 for £690 who the hell is going to fork out so much for a lower level gun with rubber painted stock?

Seeing as I can get an HW100 for £690 who the hell is going to fork out so much for a lower level gun with rubber painted stock?
    Presumably, all of the people you told us about who have pre-ordered, for a start, Moley.

Also, those who aren't fussed about polishing their wood and just want something practical that shoots like an HW100, but is lighter and less expensive, could find the 110 an attractive option.

The fact is, it's already selling extremely well and having used one for a while, it's easy to see why.

Quote Originally Posted by seamaster View Post
    oh shut up moley. You've been moaning for weeks now and it's all been sorted. Any normal person would just have rubbed it down a bit and put some oil on it.
    Does anyone know how much longer the 110 is compared to a kt?

Chris
    Well said Chris

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    This 'quality of HW100 stocks recently' thing, Moley. Is it based on an extensive survey you've carried out, or are you yet again referring to the stock of the rifle you bought that had a mark on it?

As one who has used the HW110 hard and under all sorts of hunting conditions, I can tell you that the rubberised stock really earns its keep. The HW110 was designed as a practical, more affordable, precision hunting rifle, and it does that job extremely well.

As for getting them in the shops, I'm told that supplies of the HW110, in .177 and .22, will be with us in a couple of weeks.

I do hope that helps, although I suspect it won't.
    Terry it was not one mark, it was a whole series of machining marks on the right hand side of the stock! Have a look!

Now that was under the oil finish, after £700 of your hard earned going out on it would you be happy?

Of course you damned well would not! Perhaps you should try reading posts people make. When you buy the flagship model of one of the top marques you do not expect a worse stock than you would get on an SMK M22! Perhaps you do, but I do not. It is obvious that HW quality levels are now probably at the lowest that they have ever been. The last HW95 we bought needed tuning just to stop the buzzing, the man who fitted the kit to it also fitted the kit to my mk 1 HW77, he said that it was blatantly obvious quality levels had fallen, the 77 was smooth and well finished internally with a properly cut spring that appeared to be the original one from what he could make out, the 95 was full of swarf, with a spring that could have doubled as a damned corkscrew the ends were that sharp. The internals were also poorly finished, sharp edges shredding seals, he said that it was a good job we had bought the tuning kit as the main piston seal was virtually knackered after less than 200 pellets.

Assuming that they manage to get any into the shops, quite people are cancelling orders that have existed for nearly 4 weeks because of the delay! Personally speaking if I have a wood stock I like to see the wood, not some rubberised paint, though given the quality of HW100 stocks recently I can see why they are painting them!
    Quite agree on the HW100 stock, chap down my clubs just bought a new one and the stock is the blandest piece of wood I've ever seen and the finish isn't too great either. His new TX200 in walnut is however superb!

secretagentmole Guest
    Presumably, all of the people you told us about who have pre-ordered, for a start, Moley.

Also, those who aren't fussed about polishing their wood and just want something practical that shoots like an HW100, but is lighter and less expensive, could find the 110 an attractive option.

The fact is, it's already selling extremely well and having used one for a while, it's easy to see why.
    £50 saving? I would rather have the top of the line model for just a little bit more!

Perhaps you should try reading posts people make.
    So, to answer my question, you ARE talking about that one stock, rather than Weihrauch stocks in general, aren't you? Perhaps you should try reading people's questions, Moley.

Of course I wouldn't be happy if something I bought was below the required standard, but in this case I'd have sorted it with the shop who sold it to me. The last time we discussed this, you hadn't done that.

I also remember you making all sorts of nonsense claims about the HW110 being a copy of a Hatsan - see, I do read those posts - and it's obvious that you've had a bee in your fetching bonnet about it, probably due to your dissatisfaction over your HW100 stock. Have you actually tried an HW110? You really need to before making any significant judgement on it.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Quite agree on the HW100 stock, chap down my clubs just bought a new one and the stock is the blandest piece of wood I've ever seen and the finish isn't too great either. His new TX200 in walnut is however superb!
    The finish on my new stock is poor, but at least the wood does not appear to have been hand carved by Wolverine. Some walnut oil is improving it. Quality at HW is definitely on the wane!

£50 saving? I would rather have the top of the line model for just a little bit more!
    I know a dealer who told me he's going to do them for £595 but only if he keeps quiet about it.

Well, I'll let Weihrauch know and let's hope they cancel the whole thing, despite the amount of orders already in and the thousands more to come.

secretagentmole Guest
    So, to answer my question, you ARE talking about that one stock, rather than Weihrauch stocks in general, aren't you? Perhaps you should try reading people's questions, Moley.

Of course I wouldn't be happy if something I bought was below the required standard, but in this case I'd have sorted it with the shop who sold it to me. The last time we discussed this, you hadn't done that.

I also remember you making all sorts of nonsense claims about the HW110 being a copy of a Hatsan - see, I do read those posts - and it's obvious that you've had a bee in your fetching bonnet about it, probably due to your dissatisfaction over your HW100 stock. Have you actually tried an HW110? You really need to before making any significant judgement on it.
    Terry I was trying to sort it with the shop, I was trying to get HC to send a stock to him so I only had to make one trip and it would cost them less to fix. After all times are tight and it costs more to take an entire gun back, put a new stock on it and send it out than it does to send a stock out to a shop and pick up the bad stock doesn't it? Well it does in the world where common sense resides which does not appear to be where HC are located. In fact customer service at HC seems to be geared against working with the customer rather than helping them.

Also I did not claim it was a copy of a Hatsan, I said it appeared to be inspired by the AT44, and I still think it does.

When there are none in the shops how the hell do you expect us to try them For £50 I will have the extra shots in the magazine and the time proven metal mechanism rather than a plastic action. It is also not just me who thinks that stock quality on the HW100 has fallen as this thread is proving.

secretagentmole Guest
    Well, I'll let Weihrauch know and let's hope they cancel the whole thing, despite the amount of orders already in and the thousands more to come.

Barnum old chap. Barnum!

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I know a dealer who told me he's going to do them for £595 but only if he keeps quiet about it.
    It really could do with being slightly lower than that!Makes it about BSA Scorpion level...