Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mildot v multi x

I've used both ....no question under FT conditions (and theoretically on paper) that you can get more out of a mill dot....even the ability to accurately estimate range is better, however I have gone back to a simple DX
    I found by the time I had run all the calculations of which dot etc that the squirrel had either moved or disappeared .....once you have learnt how to use your regular scope ( within usual airgun hunting ranges) then it's much quicker and more instinctive.
    I have no argument with Mill dots being more effective at further ranges with FAC stuff or benched situations of course....that's a given really

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I went through the phase of big lenses, high mags, adjustable everything with some godawfully complicated reticles, but frankly I found myself twiddling about and doing maths instead of shooting rabbits!

With my "hunting" guns I've gone back to basics with smaller, but better quality scopes, lower mag, fixed px and 30/30 or basic multi type rets. The guns zero'd at 30 yards, Mnsr Le Rabbit is at about 40 yards, aim to the top of the skull: dead rabbit!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Must say, I have come to the same conclusion as Msr Teenbum.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Exactly this as regards the reticle's and smaller scopes. Sometimes it takes you too long to realize things that make sense, that's the unfortunate thing. Interesting thread I started a while back.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....0%2F30+reticle

Kindest regards

Barrel
    yep yep n yep...,
    i just put a vortex 2-8x32 bdc on my huntsman & its like putting an old pair of boots on......
    prior to fitting the meopta to my evo i had a vortex on that for ages & loved it.., simple rey 3 or for markers which space about 8-10 yrds out to 60yrds on full mag.
    perfect.., its not too tech to cet you calculating but enough to be sure. all i need now is to make up some dope cards for my flip up cover & im well away.

atb
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Something to bear in mind when thinking about reticles - Anything more than 5 MPH of crosswind, and you need to aim off more for windage than you do for elevation

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I'd be lying if I said that I've never used the wrong dot before

30/30 - always....

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Something to bear in mind when thinking about reticles - Anything more than 5 MPH of crosswind, and you need to aim off more for windage than you do for elevation
    Mph? My personal hygiene? Does that mean if its been a week since I've had a shower I need to consult chairgun?!!!!!!!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I need to consult chairgun?!!!!!!!!
    I see Daystate are now selling a iphone bracket to fit the Huntsman. Ideal for you that is.

Cross hairs for me, as plain as possible. If I was sufficiently insecure about taking a shot at an animal that I felt I needed to ask a computer how to do it then I wouldn't take the shot.