Thread: Aldi Mini Bench Grinder

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...

Aldi Mini Bench Grinder

Wandering around Aldi at a loose end today, I spotted the Mini Bench Grinder for £23.99 with a load of accessories, now I know they aren't brilliant but they will do for small grinding/polishing jobs.
    Any way opened the box, no accessories just the grinder and flexi drive, asked the manager can you discount this seeing as parts are missing and it's the last one, yep you can have it for £15.None showing in stock at any local store.

Got home e-mailed Aldi to see if I could still get the accessory pack? 15mins later ( honest) Aldi customer service rang me to say they had located another one in store, and had reserved it with my name on it.
    Went to collect this afternoon, Manager said there you are, a new boxed grinder complete for £15 didn't want the other 8.99 . Aldi gave a superb service and were brilliant.

Sorry to grind on a bit, but it made a change to receive a professional service

Regards Gordon.
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

I always look to see where the items made and the warranty, usually it's Germany and three years warranty, sounds like you got a bargain

i seen these in the other week ,, i hesitated as didnt need one ,, fast forward a week and need to grind a trigger go to store and all sold out lesson of the day dont question your hoard of unused items and when you see something new cheap and handy even if you dont need it ,, buy it hahahahha

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Town View Post
    i seen these in the other week ,, i hesitated as didnt need one ,, fast forward a week and need to grind a trigger go to store and all sold out lesson of the day dont question your hoard of unused items and when you see something new cheap and handy even if you dont need it ,, buy it hahahahha
    That`s just what I did
    ATB, Gordon.

Chippendale is online now Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy001 View Post
    I always look to see where the items made and the warranty, usually it's Germany and three years warranty, sounds like you got a bargain
    Not really a good analogy that made in Germany quote, in the 60s we made Rolls Royces:-

and Vauxhall Victors

But I know what you mean, I have some gear from Aldi, Spanners sets, screw driver sets and the box of taps and dies and they have all got me out of a fix at one time or another but they would not have gone into my tool box before I retired.

Chippendale (with clothes on)
    Last edited by Chippendale; 01-05-2016 at 05:30 AM. Reason: spelling

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Not really a good analogy that made in Germany quote, in the 60s we made Rolls Royces:-

and Vauxhall Victors:eek:

But I know what you mean, I have some gear from Aldi, Spanners sets, screw driver sets and the box of taps and dies and they have all got me out of a fix at one time or another but they would not have gone into my tool box before I retired.

What precisely is wrong with a Vauxhall Victor? My father loved his FD Victor.

Nothing wrong with these for the money, I have one and also the Aldi Work Zone belt grinder, you can't go wrong with the bullet proof Aldi guarantee either, it's a no brainer for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    What precisely is wrong with a Vauxhall Victor? My father loved his FD Victor.
    Nothing, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Half MOA View Post
    Nothing wrong with these for the money, I have one and also the Aldi Work Zone belt grinder, you can't go wrong with the bullet proof Aldi guarantee either, it's a no brainer for the price.

Totally agree about the guarantee, but had to take three of those narrow belt files back before I got one that worked, but as you say there was no quibble at all.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Nothing, sorry

Apart from the black vinyl seats in 1976, that has to be admitted, black vinyl seats and that summer were agony, the cry of "Into the Car" was followed by the sizzle of searing flesh and screams of agony!

Post deleted
    Last edited by Half MOA; 02-05-2016 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post

Sorry to grind on
    good choice of words. And happy ginding with your new toy, got to be one of the most useful bits of kit in the garage. ....

BMP01

Quote Originally Posted by bmp01 View Post
    good choice of words. And happy ginding with your new toy, got to be one of the most useful bits of kit in the garage. ....

BMP01
    Or shed or when freezing and my wife is out, the spare bedroom

Cheers BMP01
    ATB, Gordon.