Thread: Protek - 20 years old - 1st may

Protek - 20 years old - 1st may

This is no mean feat for an Airgun Shop to be trading after 20 years. It just goes to show if you're not greedy and price things just about right, there is business to be had.

Congratulations Vic and Phil, from all of us sad old collectors on the BBS who darken your doorstep from time to time.

Keep up the good work in maintaining the dream for future youngsters.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Have to second this. The finest and friendliest emporium on the south coast. To the next 20!

Had not heard of them before - and they look good.

http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/index.html

PROTEK SUPPLIES
    102 Chichester Road
    Bognor Regis
    West Sussex
    PO21 5AA
    United Kingdom

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

Yes quite agree "binns" speaking as one of the youngsters they have inspired me on the renovation
    game. they have boxes of bits and pieces to cover most weekend refurbishments that went wrong.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Yes, a very good shop and great to see Vic and Phil reach their 20th year of trading. The shop is always busy and has a knack of having something interesting enough to come away with every time I visit.

They had a case full of boxed vintage Webley pistols the last time I visited, which had not been put on the website, so this just proves it is worth popping in every now and then rather than just rely on visiting the website.

Here's to the next 20 lads!

J&J
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    They do seem to get some interesting stuff for sale!
    Never set foot in there but visited their interweb shop many times.
    Good wishes to the next 20 years, to them and all good gun shops - times/ modern attitudes are against them!
    I will always remember visiting our 'local' gun shop in Newcastle when I was a kid - the smell and 'atmosphere' in there while I drooled looking at the guns is still etched in my mind.
    The name was Bagnall and Kirkwoods (still there) http://bagnallandkirkwood.co.uk/ today (although this isn't the original shop!), I bought my first new Airsporter air rifle from them with my apprentice wages many years ago. (having saved for some time)
    Great gun shops like this are just fantastic!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Star Wars Day at Protek

As usual on May the forth, the shop will open a little later as Vic has his hair done like Princess Leyor and Phil will be washing his Light Pattern Sabre. Strange how they make breathing noises like Darth Vader when they are out the back. I expect BJ will be offering his services in his R2 suit and Bob will be just the right height in his tightly fitting C3PO gold number.

May the force be behind you

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Just as well that this shop is 250 miles from me although I once drove to Worthing and back (from SHEFFIELD) in a day to buy a guitar !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    As usual on May the forth, the shop will open a little later as Vic has his hair done like Princess Leyor and Phil will be washing his Light Pattern Sabre. Strange how they make breathing noises like Darth Vader when they are out the back. I expect BJ will be offering his services in his R2 suit and Bob will be just the right height in his tightly fitting C3PO gold number.

May the force be behind you
    Following publicity from an earlier related thread, parking at the front of the shop became increasingly difficult.

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/...psjfwzzcbq.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Following publicity from an earlier related thread, parking at the front of the shop became increasingly difficult.

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/...psjfwzzcbq.jpg
    You're getting as bad as that Binners!!!
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Just as well that this shop is 250 miles from me although I once drove to Worthing and back (from SHEFFIELD) in a day to buy a guitar !

Sounds like the place for you John,

Some days I drive past and there is Phil sitting out the front on an old ammo box, sporting nothing but a Stetson and a banjo.

Live and let live, I say