Thread: Sig Sauer MPX and MCX reviews

Sig Sauer MPX and MCX reviews

Any feedback yet,or thoughts on the new Sig Sauer CO 2 rifle/pistols?.

Got a P250 pistol for my daughter and it's great fun.
    My mate likes it and he used to use the real thing.
    Seems reliable, had no faults and it's sturdy because it's used castings from the real thing I believe just without the finishing a real one gets.
    It's impressive to watch the blowback when a professional puts 8 shots out in about 2 seconds.
    Groups well in trained hands as well.
    Getting old ain't fun!! But forgetting you are is a bonus!

Silver Captain Guest
    A club member got one recently and it brought plenty of attention.....30 shots on a bandalier/ or belt feeder. Looks the part.......felt great in the hand, cheap too, not my bag but each to their own. More of a fun gun and for those that like that sort of thing I guess......give me walnut every day of the week.......good fun though

Ok -went a bit SIG mad at the rfd.....

They came into stock in black 177, I shouldered both the mpx and mcx. I went for the mpx as it was well balanced - the mcx was 'barrel heavy'. However, the stock is very short especially compared to my Ultimate Sporter so make sure you shoulder before buying!

Weight and quality is spot on - can't fault it. I got a CVlife red dot which was £15 compared to the extra £100 for the sig red dot.

As its a co2 the power won't be anywhere near the 'proper' rifles,but as a plinker with my lad it's brill!

Not used a full co2 yet but hopefully the warmer weather will mean more shots per cartridge

I also went for a P226 for me and a P250 for my lad - the 226 is the better but the 250 is louder and lighter so my12 year old handles it fine

I know some people will moan at the power etc blah blah but as a bit of fun the sigs are great

Hope this helps!

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    I'd be very interested to hear more about these, I'm a bit tempted No sign of the FDE version?

gsalmons - you are right about the optics, the price the are charging is crazy. There is a ton of airsoft replica optics available that would do the job at a fraction of the price.
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Sig

Looks like good fun,more versions to follow,high capacity mags etc?.
    Notice the carbine has a dummy bolt assist,so mag would be wider for larger cartridge on the firearm version.

Have mpx....fantastic! fun,fantastic quality,accurate and not a single jam through an entire tin of pellets .put a decent sightmark red dot on top and sling.Im a purist but this is just great fast fire fun with the added bonus of realism and accuracy.
    Can't wait for bigger capacity mags and in future an mcx.Rumours of precharged ,now that I'd like in the guise of the mcx but if not I'd gladly buy another regardless.

Mpx

Looks like a fun air gun,military styling not to every ones taste.

I bought my MCX from Aaron Wheeler's in Brighouse, it handles really well - tad on the heavy side at the front but, I'm thinking, pretty realistic. I was dismayed at first at being unable to raise the POI even by altering the front sight. Then I moved the front sight up the weaver rail and BINGO right on target. Really accurate on the open sights, especially the smaller hole option on the rear sight and a shot count of just about 8 mags (240 ish shots) for the 88g CO2. Towards the end of the CO2 though, the mechanism becomes single shot making it necessary to use the 'bolt' on each shot.

The sights fold down for storage which is handy if there are other guns in the cabinet. Small niggle is I struggle to get the mag in properly first time very time (an issue of practice maybe?) I would've preferred the flat earth colour but the black has grown on me. Yes the 'charging bolt' really does make that sound that you here in the movies. The pellet of choice was Geco wadcutters and the power seemed good somewhere around junior air rifle levels but I use a small electric radiator to rest the gun on while filling the magazine as I shoot in my cellar, this seems to keep the power up.

It's a lot of fun and is currently getting used (a lot!) for speed shooting on the 'knock down and reset target.

edit - this evening I used it again and the mag was fine, pebtaf (problem exists between trigger and floor).
    Mo brístí ar an tine.