Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walther Springers - a few questions .

There is no American drop test.

There are American product liability laws, which make manufacturers/importers err on the side of caution with general use guns, as opposed to 10M match rifles, none of which would pass a formal drop test.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

There are American product liability laws, which make manufacturers/importers err on the side of caution with general use guns, as opposed to 10M match rifles, none of which would pass a formal drop test.
    Have a look at this article

http://www.airgundepot.com/head-to-h...r-article.html

And this one

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...pain_1_3848284

Read the air gun depot article kindly put up by Barry G, above ....
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Century I can vouch for - was underpowered but £14 and 2 kawasaki alloy oil cooler washers fixed that. Trigger is the only beef I have with it and rowan do a trigger that should fit it but it looks a bit - well not like a trigger. Just needs a sear screw and the std one would be excellent. The safety on all Walther springers is excellent very well positioned and flicks with a thumb with ease.

Century's got the same locking barrel system as the LGV and the 6x42 30/30 AO scope is actually very good considering its free. All in £270 for the rifle. Even with the highly recommended airgun shooter Feb edition mods still not more than £300 all in.

Now the Terrus is still as good and has fantastic open sights. The triggers the same as LGV (if I remember right). Ball type barrel lock but that's standard on most rifles. Thing is it was £235 without a scope. Add £60 for a decent Nikko sterling...Century pipped it. Had I have had the cash LGU/LGV...but the Century is a real underdog Imo.

Way I see it...James Bond don't use a Weihrauch does he...perfers a Walther ��
    Air Arms S410F Classic .177 (AGS 6-24x50 SFIR), Walther Rotex RM8 Black .22 (Hawke Vantage 3-12x50 AO IR), Walther Century .177 (Walther ZF 6x42 AO, BKL one piece mount), Remington Express AR1 .22 (AGS 6-24x50 SFIR, BKL one piece mount ss),

[QUOTE=racerkart;6982852)
    Way I see it...James Bond don't use a Weihrauch does he...perfers a Walther ��[/QUOTE]

Best answer ever !

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by racerkart View Post

Way I see it...James Bond don't use a Weihrauch does he...perfers a Walther ��

Oof! Not a good analogy. Who makes the crappy, monkey metal James bond replica pistols?

Oh yeah, Umarex.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Does the stock hold the rifles together when cocking on all models of break barrel ?

Drop test

This I belive started as a California way to try to make pistols not legal to sell in their state.they had trouble outright banning them so they passed "sensible " safety laws.
    I hadn't heard of this about airgun imports.I'm going to check this out.the lgv metal trigger is not available here as a replacement from Umarex any longer and the plastic one is crappy.funny thing was when they did offer it it voided your warranty by installing it!
    G A Damron V ,the vegatarian varmint destroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Does the stock hold the rifles together when cocking on all models of break barrel ?
    The cocking lever linkage has a pin projecting from one side of link with a plastic roller that runs in a groove in the stock, i have had several rifles that use this method of being able to make the link articulated,my Gamo CF20 uses the same method,it also has a small nylon/delrin type "sadle" that stops the link from coming into contact with the underside of cylinder and allows smooth cocking and stops "GALLING"!!!
    The Terrus trigger has a non adjustable for release weight trigger,factory set at around 2lb,the weight is determined by the angle of the sear faces.
    Finish on my Terrus/Maxus is good but the cylinder is not as deeply blued as the LGV.
    Being a Maxus it has the wood finish stock, i say finish as some rifles now have composite stocks,a variety of"MDF"? job to tell,very smooth but a lighter colouring, more golden than the usual teak or walnut.Not about to saw it up to find out!!

Drop test

Quote Originally Posted by Harrympope View Post
    This I belive started as a California way to try to make pistols not legal to sell in their state.they had trouble outright banning them so they passed "sensible " safety laws.
    I hadn't heard of this about airgun imports.I'm going to check this out.the lgv metal trigger is not available here as a replacement from Umarex any longer and the plastic one is crappy.funny thing was when they did offer it it voided your warranty by installing it!

Not trying to hijack the thread, but that matches my understanding. My post above was probably too clear-cut, and I should instead have said that I have never seen clear evidence of a drop test being enforced in law at either the national or state level in the US, apart from that passing reference in an Airgun Depot blog and the article by a British airgun journalist that others have highlighted. Whereas it is easy to find full details of the 1968 legal "safety test" on imported revolvers and the Cali handgun drop test.

Manufacturers and retailers may well be applying a similar test themselves to reduce their legal liability in cases of negligent discharge, but that isn't the same as a formal test enshrined in statute or regulation. If there was such a requirement, I can't see how match target guns or Weihrauchs with Rekord triggers adjusted to the lighter settings could get through it.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Oof! Not a good analogy. Who makes the crappy, monkey metal James bond replica pistols?

Oh yeah, Umarex.
    ...and they also make the real thing. Umarex bought Walther as a company over 20 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    How can you not want a Walter after watching this infomercial? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSgMpAQBddY
    What a load of twaddle. I feel sorry for the silver birch.

I kinda wondered if the barrel was gonna flip up on the first guy where he wasn't hold of it, and any company that advertises shooting pellets into trees looses my custom !
    I've spent years shooting gray squirrels to preserve our trees, and other wildlife !

Really thanks for posting that, it's done a great job of turning right off even considering a Walther. The hot chick holding a Diana on their catalogue was about my limit of stupid adverts ..

Not trying to hijack the thread, but that matches my understanding. My post above was probably too clear-cut, and I should instead have said that I have never seen clear evidence of a drop test being enforced in law at either the national or state level in the US, apart from that passing reference in an Airgun Depot blog and the article by a British airgun journalist that others have highlighted. Whereas it is easy to find full details of the 1968 legal "safety test" on imported revolvers and the Cali handgun drop test.

Manufacturers and retailers may well be applying a similar test themselves to reduce their legal liability in cases of negligent discharge, but that isn't the same as a formal test enshrined in statute or regulation. If there was such a requirement, I can't see how match target guns or Weihrauchs with Rekord triggers adjusted to the lighter settings could get through it.
    I think the Walthers went off no matter what when dropped due to trigger design, not so for AA, HW, Diana .... get the gist

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    The stock holds the linkage in place with the aid of a few bits of plastic and springs, you might be able to see how in this pic
    http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a...pscypetekd.jpg

I wonder if Walther might upgrade the trigger so it can be sold in the US with a metal trigger, they have changed the piston a few times as far as I can remember, anyway I like the way that this woman lgv designer checks for breech leaks as it is the way that I used to check my breech seals once.
    I think that I have set the video at the right place
    https://youtu.be/lsSqjNcKJRg?list=PL...dsO1NS3F&t=767