Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zastava GP45 - What Terrific Fun!

Wink Zastava GP45 - What Terrific Fun!

He - He!
    Just put my GP45 back together after a major stripdown, (which a bit of an over-statement), I have polished all metal to metal parts and added a smear of graphite grease, and WOW, what a difference!
    It always seemed pellet fussy with regular mis-fires and pellets so slow I could watch them making their way down the range.
    Now it is 5 clean shots as fast as I can pull the trigger.

Me very happy bunny....

Yes good fun, a cheaper version of the Drulov Condor DU10

Regards, Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 09-08-2019 at 11:07 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Hi Baz,

Nice collection you have there, is that the Zastava carbine in the middle of the picture?

How do you go about filling that and the Drulov; bulk fill or capsules? I am trying to track down a Drulov bulk fill adapter for my GP45, but so far with no luck. Tried Magicniner and I do the occasional search.

Two questions for you, would you know anywhere that supplies Drulov parts, but if not, do you have a bulk fill adapter you would be prepared to sell to me?

Cheers, Mark.

Hi Mark, that is a Drulov Eagle rifle with the Drulov pistol. I use 12 grm CO2 with mine not bulk fill but I may have a bulk fill adapter I can let you have, will look tonight when I get home and PM you. Spares I make my own as they are pretty simple. I had a cocking lever break in half due to it being hardened too much and made it out of gauge plate. I also make my own exhaust valve seals.

Regards, Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 09-08-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Service

Hi, By the sounds of your first post and how well it shoots after service it looks like I will need to do the same to my GP45, i am having lots of multi fires low power and poor trigger operation, did you service it yourself and if so have you any drawings or tips to help.

Mal

I want one

Crosman 600 and 677 are more fun, 10 shots and 13 shots semi auto instead of 5.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post

Baz
    My 600 runs to 11 shots with accupels for some strange reason (although I'm not complaining). The Zastava is a nice pistol as well though even if mine does tend to hangups on the last shot. Odd...

I've a Zavasta that I bought in a general auction sale a couple of years ago, but I've never seen another advertised since then, so I presume they must be quite rare. Never seen one on e.gun either.

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    I've a Zavasta that I bought in a general auction sale a couple of years ago, but I've never seen another advertised since then, so I presume they must be quite rare. Never seen one on e.gun either.
    They don't seem to come up very often. Bought mine off Whiteleaves on the UBC. Never had/shot a Drulov though...

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    They don't seem to come up very often. Bought mine off Whiteleaves on the UBC. Never had/shot a Drulov though...
    The Drulov is much the same, but with a bigger grip and a more substantial build, overall. They take the 12g capsule as standard.

I bought one from Magicniner on UBC last year. They seem to come up for sale now and again on the various forums and on e.gun.

I prefer these 'in-line' semi automatics over the side to side magazine pistols like the B96, but some people don't like the fact that they can go fully auto

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post

Baz
    have an early 600 myself, got it off Laurie Armatruda a few years back,its great fun. And so long has you keep an eye on the shots it wont jam up only time it ever did was letting someone else shot it at club who didnt listen to instruction you cant educate pork though can u

Quote Originally Posted by malj View Post
    Hi, By the sounds of your first post and how well it shoots after service it looks like I will need to do the same to my GP45, i am having lots of multi fires low power and poor trigger operation, did you service it yourself and if so have you any drawings or tips to help.

Mal
    Hi Malj,

When I first got it last year, I found the trigger mechanism quite 'gritty', some graphite grease poked into the crevices and 'worked' in made an improvement
    , but I have still been having trouble with multi-fires, so decided to investigate further.

A friend at work had been tuning a springer rifle and had used a power drill to hold and spin the piston while he polished it to a chrome-like finish. This inspired me to try the same with the piston/hammer-rod. This component is what is released when the trigger is pulled and strikes the valve causing a release of CO2. As it is a close fit into the main body of the pistol, I only used some 'Peek' branded metal polish on the 6mm diameter piston body - I did not want to remove any metal with abrasive paper. This brought it up like chrome! On the front edge of the piston, it had started to deform, with a slight 'mushrooming', I did use some abrasive paper on the very edge, held at an angle and took my time to gently remove the high areas.

Inside the bore, I used a cotton bud and metal polish, again, taking my time to clean off the muck/brown-stain/corrosion, flushing out the gritty paste with WD40. at the other end of the rod, I polished what I could that was sticking out of the chuck while it was spinning and did the last 15mm by hand.

There is a sleeve that goes over the long spring, I cleaned this out in the same way as the piston-bore. I decided not to explore the breech condition at this stage as it involves bashing out a couple of pins to get the barrel out, I also left the pellet feeder too, as this seems to be operating smoothly.

When I re-assembled, I put a smear of graphite grease on all metal to metal surfaces, put a new bulb in the grip and found a big smile on my face!

One thing to note when re-fitting the trigger assembly is to cock the hammer rod and hold it open with the safety catch, otherwise the mechanism doesn't slot together.

I wish I had taken some snaps of the procedure, but I was just too focussed on getting it working again, if I do any more strip-downs, I will add the pictures to this thread.

Happy tinkering!

Never try knocking the barrel out of the breach block from the breach end. You will collapse the 4 collet claws that hold the pellets in position just before firing.

Baz

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    Must admit its the one pistol i regret selling
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for