Thread: Peacemaker problem.

Peacemaker problem.

Had my blued Peacemaker replaced due to inconsistent power output where the bb's would either not reach target or just fall out the barrel!!! My antique gun has had the odd weak shot but generally performs well. The replacement guns shells have an o'ring under the plastic bb insert to cushion compression and put more pressure on breach seal i'm guessing. The old shells in the antique dont have the o'ring so i'm wondering if they had a few guns back with weak shots and think the o'ring will be a solution. See how we go. I've already had six or so weak shots with the new Peacemaker. Anyone else had this problem? ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hiya Pete,

I only got the mine the other week and have only had one go with it so far, but I did notice a couple of under-powered shots. I don't know if my shells have o-rings in them or not, I'll have to check. But I didn't buy mine new so its likely that mine is one of the earlier versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsta View Post
    Hiya Pete,

I only got the mine the other week and have only had one go with it so far, but I did notice a couple of under-powered shots. I don't know if my shells have o-rings in them or not, I'll have to check. But I didn't buy mine new so its likely that mine is one of the earlier versions.
    Hi Robsta. Have a look at your Accubb's post on UBC. I posted there with a vid title. Worth a look at what can happen using steel bb's which could cause the apparent weak shots. I've sleeved my shells to keep them central over the forcing cone. I only have the Antique Peacemaker now as My replacement blued one went the same as my first so got a refund. It doesn't have the o'rings BTW. Could be that the dents on the vid cause deflection on the odd shot. My Antique, since sleeving (Touch wood) the chambers or adding tape round the middle of the shells hasn't mist a beat. Did think of trying lead bb's but too expensive so hoping the sleeving will allow me to keep using steel. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsta View Post
    Hiya Pete,

HI rob, you have the late 2015 version, but even the 2016 versions in my local does not have o-rings in the cartridges, but I remember Pete telling me his has.
    You say your getting low power shots? I never noticed that and when chrono testing it, plinking or target shooting it, it always seemed fine.. how low in power are the shots your getting?

ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..