Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ParcelForce and Gas Ram Rifles?

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!

ParcelForce and Gas Ram Rifles?

Good morning gentlemen,
    I was getting ready to post a Theoben Gas-Ram rifle today via ParcelForce but I had a horrible thought in the middle of the night "do they take Gas-Rams??!!"
    It's my understanding that they accept Spring rifles but not PCPs so I initially thought it would be fine but thinking about it now I'm a bit worried. I don't want it to end up at Castle Greyskull i.e. The National Returns Centre in Belfast!!
    As always guys I'd be extremely grateful for your thoughts.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Sent my PCP last week by Parcelforce 48 hour but make sure you tell postmaster what the parcel is first.
    It should be ok bud.
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

Question

Great!
    Thanks for your help. I was thinking about just going for TNT but I don't want to delay pick up/delivery, I'd rather get it sent today

Just a thought. but have TNT been taken over bu USP? if so they will not transport guns / weapons. Any one got up to date info???
    abellringer

Quote Originally Posted by bullet boy View Post
    Sent my PCP last week by Parcelforce 48 hour but make sure you tell postmaster what the parcel is first.
    It should be ok bud.
    Compressed air cylinders are not allowed under PF t&c full or empty so post at your peril !

So when they ask "what is inside?" Do I tell the truth and say an air rifle or perhaps bend the truth and say sporting equipment or something like that??

Quote Originally Posted by chris u'5 View Post
    So when they ask "what is inside?" Do I tell the truth and say an air rifle or perhaps bend the truth and say sporting equipment or something like that??
    do you really have to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by chris u'5 View Post
    You tell the truth it's an air rifle as is allowed by form RMDG11 "guns for sporting use"

& don't bother with extra compensation air rifles, like a lot of things, are excluded.

Quote Originally Posted by emin-j View Post
    Compressed air cylinders are not allowed under PF t&c full or empty so post at your peril !
    They are bud otherwise my postmaster would have said otherwise.
    Check their policy
    Air weapons are allowed and my PCP got to its destination no problem.
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

Check their policy
    At my local post office there is a very large poster with all the usual banned to post items. Compressed air cylinders are named along with ammunition and the usual list of hazardous materials.

A.G

Check their policy
    Just took a screen shot of PF t&c not allowing compressed gas cylinders full or empty but can't seem to be able to post attachments for some reason ?
    Plenty of horror stories on here regarding posting PCP's I'm surprised you haven't seen them.
    Springers are fine PCP's nope,I think your postmaster needs to brush up on his t&c homework

Quote Originally Posted by abellringer View Post
    Just a thought. but have TNT been taken over bu USP? if so they will not transport guns / weapons. Any one got up to date info???
    abellringer
    They merged with fed ex .

Check their policy
    Nope, that's wrong, your postmaster might have allowed it but no pressure vessels are to be sent RM or PF.
    I hope your postmaster will help to get it back from Belfast when it gets X rayed. Having said that, it's unlikely to happen via PF, but you are taking a chance.

We have been over this time and again on here and there are a number of sad tales of folks losing their kit and having no end of problems getting it back.

Has any courier emerged that is good for sending PCP's/Gas Ram guns at all, for future reference. As if its getting to the stage that no carrier will transport them, it'll kill the 2nd hand market, cause not many of us have the time to drive all over the countryside as pretty as it is, to collect a gun throughout the year. Wives, kids and responsibilities just dont allow for such jaunts. And I hate the constant speed cameras and idiots on the road, its just no fun driving these days.

Good luck with getting the gun through, hopefully it'll go through smoothly.

ATB

Several members on here seem to have used myHermes although their site says they will not carry weapons. Don't know if that includes low powered air rifles but it may be worth checking.

Cheers, Phil
    THE BRAIN CANNOT ASSIMILATE WHAT THE POSTERIA CANNOT TOLERATE