Thread: Dropped my s400

Dropped my s400

Hi guys,

Some bad news...

I was carrying my s400 in my bag, when the strap ripped off the bag and the gun landed barrel first on the ground.
    The ring attaching the barrel to the cylinder moved and twisted the barrel round to the side. After 15 mins of trying to get it back round, it finally moved back. Obviously it had lost its zero. But when trying to re-zero at a close range the scopes ran out of vertical clicks. I thought this was odd as the barrel didn't appear to have bent. I re mounted the scope and the same problem occurred. I then added some paper to the rear scope mount which sorted that problem out. Shooting pellet through pellet like it used to. When moving back to 25m the grouping was lost entirely. Pellets landed in a 5 inch 'group'.

What should I do? Will I need a new barrel and if so do I send it back to air arms. will they replace it, and how much?

Thanks

Rosehip

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The comedy barrels are one of the major design flaws in AA PCP's. If you have a moderator check without it, but it may have crimped the crown.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    If you have a moderator check without it, but it may have crimped the crown.
    It does have a moderator on it, i was thinking about checking without it- I'll try tomorrow. If it has crimped the crown what shall I do?

Alex.B. is offline Instant Idiot. Just add alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosehip View Post
    It does have a moderator on it, i was thinking about checking without it- I'll try tomorrow. If it has crimped the crown what shall I do?
    Get a better handbag and a new barrel oh and be more bloody careful in future
    Give a dog a home ! Take a rescue dog home, go on you know you want to

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.B. View Post
    Get a better handbag and a new barrel oh and be more bloody careful in future
    It's a lesson well learned. Are the barrels easy to replace?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    If it has crimped the crown what shall I do?

Imho, buy another barrel, sell the gun and get a decent one.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Imho, buy another barrel, sell the gun and get a decent one.
    If he had a silencer on how has he damaged the crown.I suggest placing a metal ruler along the barel to see if it has bent before you shell out your well earned cash,or remove it and roll it on a flat surface.
    Remove the silencer and the figure of eight and see what results you get

BBF
    Last edited by Blackbaronfish; 03-05-2016 at 07:40 AM.
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbaronfish View Post
    If he had a silencer on how has he damaged the crown.I suggest placing a metal ruler along the barel to see if it has bent before you shell out your well earned cash,or remove it and roll it on a flat surface.
    Remove the silencer and the figure of eight and see what results you get

BBF
    Take the action completely out of the stock take the scope off go over every thing inch by inch resemble with out shims in scope mounts that's if they weren't there before then if you are lucky it will shoot as it did before this is what I did when mine flew out a open bag end butt first and crashed down the stairs in my house thank god for barrel band it saved a lot of damage if it had been free floating !!
    Any way hope you have fixed it by now best regards Frank
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

For the future . . .

. . . there is a mod you can do - or have done - to the figure of 8 bracket. The standard design has grub screws at 4 and 8 o'clock. There is plenty of room to drill and tap and add two more grub screws at roughly 2 and 10 o'clock. Much less likely to shift out of alignment then.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

All sorted now.

Thanks everyone. It's back to shooting like it did before. I took it to Belper tackle and gun and they took the barrel off and straightened it. Really nice people there.

Glad it's sorted for you.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Nice one, bloody horrible when things like that happen.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

All sorted now.

Thanks everyone. It's back to shooting like it did before. I took it to Belper tackle and gun and they took the barrel off and straightened it. Really nice people there.
    Great news

BBF

airarmsownersclub.com
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"