Thread: Beginner ft advice

Beginner ft advice

Hello
    I'm beginner to ft I’m joining my local club castle ft.
    I'm going to do a deal with a club member for a modified ev2 which he's won some comps with, but I've got to wait for the gary cane stock to be copied for his new rife.
    Before that i was thinking about getting a new ftp900. But the some club members recommend not to. They said it will need some mods.

And also i would like some scope advice, I'm thinking about a used nikko only I if a can find one. Or a new big nikko or a falcon t50 or a used fixed mag leupold comp 40.
    Just worried about the comp 40 scope not having the zoom about the shake and field of view while beginning to lean ft.
    Thank you for any help.
    Lee

Thoughts on EV2,

Hi,

I have an EV2,,I was also considering the FTP900 I also have been advised to stick with the EV2, I think the FTP900 is excellent, however, if you have the opportunity to acquire a good one I don't think you'll wont go far wrong

FT advice

Hi Lee

You could try posting in the general air gun section of this site to get more replies perhaps.

Also, the site Shooting the Breeze is very FT focused with lots of experienced FT guys on there more than willing to share their advice. The search facility would also provide you with some pointers.

Regarding your post, I think you might find that all the makes and models of rifle/scopes you mention are widely used in FT, and used by the top shooters. I'm told the Leupold fixed X40/X45 takes some getting used to but is a proven piece of high quality kit.

Good luck..