Thread: Feinwerkbau sport 124

Feinwerkbau sport 124

A friend of mine has asked if I can get a value on the above air rifle with a view to him selling it. I'm guessing it is a classic? It is .177 with original open sights and instructions. It is in very good condition and serviced. Any ideas as to a value?
    Cheers,
    MS

One sold a few days ago, here on the BBS. Mk1 £250 in what I'd describe as very good condition.

Another 124 sold at the recent Melbourne Fayre vgc-exc £210. (Mk1 or 2?)

Which hopefully gives you some idea.

As ever, the more verifiable info the better eg. Condition (especially safety catch on a Sport), any paperwork (servicing or parts receipts), chrono results and photos all help in both getting a decent valuation and achieving the best price. HTH

Thanks for that. I'm assuming it is a Mk 1 (as it doesn't say Mk 2!) and has the covered sight. The serial number is 15844 if it helps.
    Regards,
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Thanks for that. I'm assuming it is a Mk 1 (as it doesn't say Mk 2!) and has the covered sight. The serial number is 15844 if it helps.
    Regards,
    MS
    Serial number dates it to 1978.

I'm sure one of the FWB aficiandos will be along to confirm the Mk. From memory (caution!) the Mk2 had interchangeable front sight elements, metal trigger blade, and of course was stamped as such on the breech block.

Presumably it's also a Deluxe model? I don't think I've ever seen a "standard" one in the UK, ugly, but I guess even more collectable?

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Serial number dates it to 1978.

I'm sure one of the FWB aficiandos will be along to confirm the Mk. From memory (caution!) the Mk2 had interchangeable front sight elements, metal trigger blade, and of course was stamped as such on the breech block.

Presumably it's also a Deluxe model? I don't think I've ever seen a "standard" one in the UK, ugly, but I guess even more collectable?
    IIRC, the only definite difference between the Mk1 and Mk2 is the trigger (plastic, Mk1, metal Mk2). Early Mk1s have a different front sight, and a safety with a big dob of red paint on it, but I think later Mk1s had the same front sight and safety as the Mk2. Feinwerkbau didn't officially call them Mk1 and Mk2, so they aren't marked as such.

Can't be sure but I thought the Mks changed around the 20,000 serial.

Sorry, bit sketchy, but maybe helps,

The ASI imported model has Series 11 stamped on the left hand side breach block.The later safety has a notch in the top.
    The MK1 usually has a better defined stock regarding checkering & palm swell.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    The ASI imported model has Series 11 stamped on the left hand side breach block.The later safety has a notch in the top.
    The MK1 usually has a better defined stock regarding checkering & palm swell.
    OK. Neither of mine have that stamping. And one is definitely 1982-vintage ASI, because i bought it back then, with a 4x40WA ASI scope and mounts.

And yes, early safety has big red paint on the back where your finger goes, later safety has a square hole in the top and a red blob on the trigger block, visible when forward, and an S on the safety slide when "safe" (I say "safe" because this is the only gun i've ever had that decided to fire on its own when moving the safety to fire, apart from an HW77 where the trigger had been set too light - thank God for proper backstops).

Thainybiker

Your Inbox is full mate!
    MS