Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feinwerkbau and Original Match Rifle Collection For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    BSA 'Ladies' or 'Junior' please.

YHPM.

ATB
    Ian
    Thanks Ian - it is ready for you to collect next week
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I like to keep all of my rifles "exercised" and with that in mind I took my FWB 150 Tyrollean down to RMTC last night where it was shot by a friend and fellow club member Paul Bartholomew.

His first two shots on the 10 meter range were pellet on pellet - not bad for a rifle he had never seen or shot before and good grouping was witnessed on all targets shot with the rifle. The Tyrollean stock makes it very easy to hold the same head position every time - no wonder they were banned in the early days of match target shooting!

We also discovered that this rifle has a 0.5 eagle eye lens fitted to the front screw-in lens holder on the front sight tunnel - not tried one before but it worked well and was simple to unscrew and remove if it was not needed .

After shooting a few targets the rifle was returned to a hard case and taken home again, but its performance was very impressive - the rifle not only looks like it just came out of the factory but it also shoots like a new rifle too

This is an exceptional rifle that deserves a good home where it will be appreciated and cared for.
    Last edited by zooma; 16-11-2016 at 07:56 PM.

FWB 150 Tyrollean.

As Bob said I had 50 shots with this rifle last night and it is a joy to shoot, a rifle whose performance is as good as its looks.
    Paul B

Bart49:

My Feinwerkbau Model 150 Tyrollean is now sold - a simply stunning rifle - I still don't understand why this was not the first one to sell as it looks and shoots like a new rifle and I am sure the new owner will be as impressed with it as I have been.

Both of these two .177 HW rifles have been taken to the club and shot at 10 meters for testing.

Both are capable of putting "pellet on pellet" at this range and both were chrono tested using RWS Superdome pellets on our 10 meters Redbob bell targets .

Although neither rifle has had much use from new - probably less than a tin each - (thats why they are for sale!!) they both gave a healthy (but legal) reading :

HW80K was tested at 11.5 ft/lbs.

HW97K was tested at 11 ft/lbs.

Rifles with so little use may well improve, but I can only test them as they are now and thought this information may be helpful to anyone that could be interested in either of them as a good FT Springer target rifle - or of course as a sport rifle.

.177 HW35 rifles with genuine HW Diopter rear sights.

I also have a nice pair of HW35 rifles in .177 that have been fitted with genuine HW rear diopter match sights that may be of some interest to casual target shooters or bell target shooters ( and MPL competition shooters!).

Both rifles shoot really well and are very accurate - perfect for 6 yard bell target or MPL competitions.

I have been shooting them at 10 meters bell target (!) and they are really very good.

Both rifles were serviced last year some time so they are in fine fettle and shooting very nicely.

If they do not sell then I will sell the WH rear diopter sights separately as they are quite rare and always in demand.

Only my beautiful 300S Junior and almost unused HW97K Carbine are left for sale in this first batch of spring powered rifles now.
    Last edited by zooma; 19-10-2017 at 09:22 AM.