Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feinwerkbau and Original Match Rifle Collection For Sale

Match Rifles and other 'springers" For Sale

As from 1st October 2016 I am now fully retired and I have to get rid of some of my much loved Feinwerkbau and Original spring powered match rifles as I just don't have enough space to store them all safely at home and with no wage coming in I have to seriously consider the prospect of "down-sizing" and this will make the situation even worse !

I have been collecting (and shooting) match air rifles since the early 1970's and have always improved my collection by "up-grading" whenever a better example of each type has been found so these represent some of the best examples I have seen over the last 40 plus years and better examples of any of them would be hard to find.

All of these rifles would be good to use in the popular MPL competitions and continue to appeal to classic bell target shooters, but they also have very good accuracy at 10 meters and are capable of embarrassing any PCP rifle when in the right hands so they make a nice choice of match rifle that have more character than most of the current crop of PCP rifles - and at a much better price too!

These rifles are all in top condition and all of them shoot very well and can be seen, inspected, and shot at 10 meters before buying, or they can be delivered by "next day" carrier to any UK mainland address for £25 extra at the buyers risk.

If anyone is seriously interested in either of the two remaining rifles and would like to come to Rossendale to inspect or to test shoot them please let me know as they are currently in a secure (warm and dry) storage.

ON HOLDFeinwerkbau 300S Junior.
    This rifle was stripped, re-blued and rebuilt when I bought it about 10 years ago. I also stripped the old thick toffee coloured varnish off of the stock to reveal a beautifully figured piece of wood that I then gave an oiled finish. A custom brass trigger shoe was fitted to make this a remarkably good looking example of what is quite a rare rifle. The FWB Junior rifle shares exactly the same action as the 300S but it is a little shorter overall and is perfect for many junior and female shooters as well as us older blokes who find the heavier rifles a bit of a struggle to manage. The rifle has had no real use since it was rebuilt but has been given a shoot from time to time to keep everything moving and fresh. It has a lovely light trigger action and packs the same punch as the full sized 300S and shares the same internal parts making spares easy to find if needed in the future. Price £425.00.

SOLD HW80K number 1789069. 177 calibre.
    My own venture into spring powered field target shooting never got started so this break barrel "carbine" length rifle has hardly had any use at all from new and still looks like a new rifle and comes with a Nikko Stirling 3-9 x 50 AO sight ( also bought new with the rifle).
    In .177 calibre it has been shot with some success at RMTC when it was set up on the indoor club range with the above Nikko sight to shoot at 10 meters where it achieved "pellet on pellet" holes with no problem and I am sure it would have suited me well if I had more time and opportunity to use it outdoors.
    This could make a very interesting casual target rifle or a very posh plinker - and not a bad price at £265 for an "as new" rifle and scope.SOLD

WITHDRAWN FROM SALE HW97K number 1580262.

I also bought this new .177 calibre HW97K so I had a break-barrel and an under-lever rifle to see what I got on best with in classic field target shooting - but like the HW80K mentioned above this one also only ever got set-up and tested on the indoor range at RMTC. I have never shot it outdoors !

This one is fitted with a new Nikko Stirling 3-9 x 40mm AO scope.. I fitted a 50mm scope on one rifle and a 40mm scope on the other rifle to see what worked best but all I found out was that both worked very well indoors on the club range and that both of these rifles are very accurate and lovely to shoot.

Another very good (almost un-used) .177 rifle to clear at £325 with scope.

SOLDFeinwerkbau Model 150 Tyrolean.
    Number 7921. This is an absolutely superb rifle that was bought new in Germany and is in almost perfect condition and is very original with very few signs to give away its age.
    This rifle is so good I have actually been asked if it has ever been shot - and this is AFTER is has been carefully inspected !
    This rifle has to be seen to be believed - it really is that good!
    A rare and beautiful classic with very good accuracy that can only improve in value. The asking price of £425.00 is not expensive for this particular example.SOLD

SOLDBSA "Ladies" or "Junior" rifle.
    Maybe this is pushing it a bit when describing it as a "match rifle" but this is still a very popular rifle with some of the bell target shooters and this one shoots as sweet as a nut.......and it was designed as a target rifle - albeit many years ago!
    This could be best described as a Lincoln Jefferies under-lever design - but it is a more reasonable length and weight and is easy to handle and shoot - and is still capable of embarrassing much newer and more expensive air rifles.
    When I bought it some time ago it had a dreadful Ox spring in it that was far too strong for the rifle and over-powered it but once that was removed and a more suitable weight of spring was found new and fitted together with a good service the rifle was transformed and is now really nice and smooth to cock and to shoot.
    This is a good little rifle for £140 that should bring a smile to the new owner's face every time it is used.SOLD

SOLDFeinwerkbau Model 150 with oiled stock. Early model - Number 35362.
    I have given the stock a new oiled finish and it has the really nice original cut checkering sharp and clear (not the machine stippling finish that was used on the later models).
    This has turned out really well as it shows the nice wood colour and grain - so although it may not be one for the purist collector (who could prefer the original dark varnish finish) it is much better for everyday use and does look a lot nicer IMHO.
    The blue is also excellent (refinished by Colin Malloy) so it is a beautiful rifle to shoot and to look at.
    This rifle was recently taken and shot at RMTC where it performed very well at 10 meters and it makes a good and interesting choice for regular use and would make an excellent bell target rifle too! £325.00SOLD

SOLDFeinwerkbau Model 300SU mark 1. This superb match rifle shoots very well and is in almost mint condition with hardly any signs of wear and tear either on the woodwork or the metalwork. It is almost "mint".
    This rifle is really a 300S from Feinwerkbau with a factory improved stock and came supplied with a rear riser block to allow the more comfortable "heads-up" shooting position when used with the higher of the two cheek pieces.
    The mk 1 version of the 300SU came with two different heights of inter-changeable high and a low wooden cheek piece's. The mk 2 was the same rifle but only came with one cheek piece and a plastic riser block to lift or lower it.
    This is a very accurate rifle that shoots really well and is an improvement over the popular and well loved 300S.
    Correct handbook and test certificate. £425.00.SOLD WITH CASE.

SOLDOriginal Model 50. One of the later types made with the deeper stock style giving a better hold for target shooting and a very different look to the earlier models. It comes with the correct style of optional dioptre sight as well as the original open sights fitted. These are quite rare in .177 and is an interesting rifle to own and shoot. This rifle is in absolutely superb original condition and still looks like new. £325.00.
    Can also be bought without the rear dioptre sight for £275.00. SOLD WITH DIOPTRE AND CASE

SOLDOriginal Model 75. Superb condition - one of the very best examples I have ever seen or owned. Butt spacer block is still with the rifle ( these are often lost). This rifle was taken to RMTC for test shooting where it proved to be very consistent and accurate at 10 meters. If you fancy a Model 75 then this would be the one to go for! £345.00 SOLD WITH CASE

SOLDFeinwerkbau Model 150 (bull barrel). Late model Number 40183. Original finish and in very very good (almost mint) overall condition with slightly faded blue on bull barrel that would be appropriate for its age. The bipod rail is un-marked and the rest of the rifle also shows very little evidence of having much use from new. This rifle shoots very well £375.00.SOLD

SOLDFeinwerkbau Model 150 (restored stock). Early model Number 35362. I have given the stock a new oiled finish and it has the really nice original checkering sharp and clear. This has turned out really well as it shows the nice wood colour and grain - so although it may not be one for the purist collector (who could prefer the original dark varnish finish) it is much better for everyday use and does look a lot nicer IMHO. The blue is also excellent (also refinished by Colin Malloy) so it is a beautiful rifle to shoot and to look at. The rifle was recently shot at RMTC where it performed very well at 10 meters and it makes a good and interesting choice for regular use. SOLD

SOLDFeinwerkbau Model 300S. One of the best examples I have owned. Very little signs of use from new and a really nice example.No HandbookSOLD

SOLDFeinwerkbau Model 300SU mark 2. Has adjustable cheekpiece and riser blocks. Correct handbook and test certificate.SOLD with case

SOLDOriginal Model 66. Superb condition and even has the original extra clip-on trigger shoe - this was supplied with all new Model 66 rifles and is almost always lost and gives some idea of the care this rifle has had during its lifetime. A very good example that has a nice dark wood stock. SOLD with Case.

SOLDOriginal Model 75. Very good condition.. Butt spacer block is still with the rifle ( these are often lost). SOLD

SOLDDiana Model 50. These are quite rare in .177 and this one comes with the correct type of optional dioptre sight but still has the original open sights fitted as well. Shoots very well and is in overall good condition with some nice wood in the stock. An ideal bell target or MPL rifle that also groups well at 10 meters too. SOLD

SOLDWalther LGV - not a Feinwerkbau or an Original I know - but it is a springer and so it belongs here. Good overall condition and comes with the detachable barrel sleeve and correct front and rear sights. A nice example that I have enjoyed shooting but now it needs a new home. Comes with its own period hard case. SOLD

RECOMMENDEDI would be happy to supply any of these rifles in a good quality hard case for just £25 more to protect the rifle in transit and daily use.RECOMMENDED

PLEASE NOTEI can arrange "next working day" delivery (at buyers risk) for anyone in the UK that is unable to collect from me here in Rossendale at a very good price to help with the sale.PLEASE NOTE
    Last edited by zooma; 26-03-2018 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Sold Model 50 now sold.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Bob,

I would be interested in the Original 66 - I have sent you a mail.

have fun

Best regards

Russ

Thanks for the enquiries when I was away - I am answering them all now and taking the pictures that have been requested.

I have now taken some pictures of the two .177 Model 50 air rifles.

These two rifles both also have their original open rear sights still fitted and can be bought with or without the dioptre sights shown

The early Model 50 has now been sold but the late Model 50 is sill available ( with or without peep sight).

Bob,

Can I please have the FWB300 SU Mk2 ? I have sent you an email.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
    Last edited by PhatMan; 29-05-2016 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Bob,

Can I please have the FWB300 SU Mk2 ? I have sent you an email.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
    Yes Russ - of course - it is always good to know that one of my "treasures" is going to good home

All 3 of my FWB 150 match rifles are still available to buy - quite a surprise really as they are good to shoot and make a nice change from the "usual" 300S rifles but offer the same accuracy and reliability.

The longer cocking arm is the most obvious mechanical difference ( easy cocking) and the different stock shape is really nice.

FB150 Tyrolean

You have pm.
    The currency for Wisdom is Respect. So please do not enter a transaction if you do not have the means to pay

These spring powered match rifles have mostly been sold or are "on hold" but those that are left are really good examples of their type and are well worth considering.

Soon I will be listing some of my SSP match rifles as I continue to thin-out my collection, and these are also some of the best examples of their type and should be of interest to the collector and active MPL and bell target shooters alike as well as the 10 meter target shooters.

Only 5 spring powered match rifle left to be sold now

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Only 5 spring powered match rifle left to be sold now
    Will you be bringing these to the Airgun Fair of 13th August? http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....13th-August-16
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Will you be bringing these to the Airgun Fair of 13th August? http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....13th-August-16
    I hope to be able to get there and if so then I would bring all of the unsold rifles together with my mint .177 HW80K with 3-9 x 50 AO Nikko Sterling sight ( never got to shoot it), .22 mk 2 Airsporter, mint .177 HW77K with sight ( never got to shoot it) BSA "Ladies" .177 underlever (working really nice - non restored), .177 Air Arms 400 with beautiful hand finished oiled walnut stock with match trigger scope and custom stripper - a great starter for FT comps, - and lots of your absolute favourite Webley air pistols
    Last edited by zooma; 28-07-2016 at 07:58 AM.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I hope to be able to get there and if so then I would bring lots of your absolute favourite Webley air pistols
    That's great Bob - we're short of teaspoons and doorstops
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    That's great Bob - we're short of teaspoons and doorstops
    I will take my collection of "teaspoons and doorstops" to the sale - they would go well with the tablecloths IJ has asked everyone to take with them

Any collectors of said "teaspoons and doorstops" that cannot get to this sale may like to send me a PM as I have some nice examples of Webley Junior, Mark 1, Senior, Premier, Hurricane , Typhoon and Tempest - including several .177 examples that would be good for use in the MPL as well