Thread: BSA Cadet major valuation with pictures

BSA Cadet major valuation with pictures

Iam going to sell one of my cadet majors , any info on what you think it's worth would be well appreciated.

Rgds kev

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...psfmy41tei.jpg
    http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...psycwjquyp.jpg
    http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...pswvvgr3iz.jpg

Bsa

Up to the top .

Hi,

I will stick with my original estimate of £80-£100 for a private sale.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi,

I will stick with my original estimate of £80-£100 for a private sale.

Regards

Brian
    Its nice, it still has its etching, pristine ones go for silly figures, I would think Brian is on the money.
    eric

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    l would agree with the above values, but l think you should get the top price in that condition.

Nice to see the etching has survived Kevin.

If you sold this for £100, the buyer will have a bargain. Even £120 would not be robbery and a shop would probably charge considerably more.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

its about finding a buyer. I had one with visible etching in similar condition a few weeks ago - I got £65 posted for it. I had it up originally for £80 posted, but no takers so accepted a lesser price to fund a 10m pistol.
    Good luck with your sale - I would try gunstar and freeads - Its not uncommon to get top price on there.
    Donald

Thing is there are a lot about, and the good part is they are still fun rifles to shoot. Only collectors get excited about condition and then put a premium on etching, stamps on woodwork, and bluing. They are really interested in excellent examples. Everyone else thinks £60 is plenty, £40 even better.

aah, I forgot to mention, mine didnt have the rear sight element.. which are about £16 or so from protek after postage.
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Thing is there are a lot about, and the good part is they are still fun rifles to shoot. Only collectors get excited about condition and then put a premium on etching, stamps on woodwork, and bluing. They are really interested in excellent examples. Everyone else thinks £60 is plenty, £40 even better.
    Indeed they are still fun to shoot, I love mine and I think they are one of the most aesthetically pleasing rifles Bsa made, but I wouldn't sell the above one for £40, oh no!
    eric

Cadet major

Thank you all very much for your input , I was thinking along the lines of £80-£100 then it's fair on me and fair on any potential buyer , as for it going for £40 I think there's probably more chance of me having a s--t in the queens handbag .

Rgds kev