Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther LGR universal target rifle

Walther LGR universal target rifle

Hiya all - i have a walther LGR universal target rifle that I'm thinking of possibly selling, does anybody have any idea of a valuation on what money I should be asking for this kind of rifle? I would say it's in good condition and since owning it I have had the piston assembly replaced with a brand new walther part (works carried out by a professional gunsmith) and so I do have quite a lot of money invested in the rifle but am just wondering what kind of money I might be able to get if it was to be sold in favour of a new target rifle. I must add the rifle shoots extremely accurately and consistent with it, the rifle has been used and so isn't totally mint condition but I'd say its in overall good condition especially considering age etc. Any advice /opinions appreciated .Thanks

Pictures will be needed!!

Charles

unfortunately i dont seem to have permission to add attachments/pictures on my posts?

updated with better photos now - https://goo.gl/photos/vuzq3dpAk8HmGEdH7

hope you can view them ok- any advice on a price guide greatly appreciated - the rifle shoots perfect, trigger is lovely, amazing groups (pellet on pellet) and when i last chrono'd was somewhere around 550 fps from memory with 8.2 gr pellets
    Last edited by dougbunney; 06-05-2016 at 06:46 AM.

Not working DB.. when you want to share a pic from your google photos, dont copy and paste the address bar, instead click on the icon in the top right that looks like a < . This is the share symbol. The click 'get link' ... if you share the link provided, anyone clicking it will only be able to view the shared images and not the rest of your photos.
    What i like to do is take loads of pics of the gun and group them all into a folder, then share the link for the folder.
    Hope this helps bud. Good luck with your valuation and sale.
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Not working DB.. when you want to share a pic from your google photos, dont copy and paste the address bar, instead click on the icon in the top right that looks like a < . This is the share symbol. The click 'get link' ... if you share the link provided, anyone clicking it will only be able to view the shared images and not the rest of your photos.
    What i like to do is take loads of pics of the gun and group them all into a folder, then share the link for the folder.
    Hope this helps bud. Good luck with your valuation and sale.
    cheers - ive followed your advice and this should now work hopefully ? https://goo.gl/photos/vuzq3dpAk8HmGEdH7

Cracking looking rifle, good luck with the sale should you decide to sell, should be a quick seller.
    BSA Mercury .22, Steyr SSG69, Enfield No4 Mk1*, Schmeisser AR15 Ultramatch, 1938 Mauser KKW K98 Trainer.

Your pictures are working now - the LGR Match Universal is a good looking rifle - I also have one and they are indeed very accurate ( like all of the LGR family).

When I first bought mine the cheekpiece raising part was not working too well but I was able to buy a brand new set from Bills Walther Spares just before he died so it is working perfectly now.

You should have no problem selling your Universal as they are much harder to find than the LGR or the LGR Match.
    Last edited by zooma; 06-05-2016 at 07:15 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

In answer to your question: £430 - £ 480 posted. ( use PF48 )

If there is no rust spots on the bluing and the sight risers are genuine Walther then the top end figure should be good.

If you do decide to sell, then take some pictures outside as the light will show up the nice figured grain in the stock

Thats great to know - basically If I do manage to sell for the prices mentioned here then I'd at least be able to break even with what i have invested in the rifle, original cost and then the repairs i had carried out to get the power back up to where it should on been, if anyone has seen this and is interested by all means feel free to contact me but i will continue to shoot the rifle in my local bell rifle league until i find another rifle to tempt me away.

Cheers
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post

If there is no rust spots on the bluing and the sight risers are genuine Walther then the top end figure should be good.
    ck
    no rust on the bluing and i can confirm the sights and the riser block both have a walther logo on them so im pretty sure they look original to the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by dougbunney View Post
    Thats great to know - basically If I do manage to sell for the prices mentioned here then I'd at least be able to break even ...
    ...if anyone has seen this and is interested by all means feel free to contact me...
    Hi Doug, IMO Mark's valuation is on the high side, not what you want to hear I'm sure but I've seen a few sold and have one myself.

Mine's a virtually mint example, serviced and operating to spec. It came with all the accessories (both cheek pieces, target bipod, Walther barrel cleaning kit, full set of correct acrylic elements, manuals) and in a very nicely made transit case, £350.

There were two versions of cheek piece height adjustment. The first version used two replaceable cheek pieces, the latter model used a spacer system. Yours looks like the first model and so should have two cheek pieces.

£400+ might be a retail price, I'd think £275 closer to the mark for a private sale. HTH
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    Be a little careful with your post above, it could be misinterpreted as encouraging offers which will get you a two week ban for breeching forum rules.

18 Wheeler - I think you are mixing the FWB 300 Universal with the Walther LGR Universal as the Walther never came with separate cheek pieces.

I stand by my valuation for a minty example with correct sights - yours is way too low for a Walther LGR Universal in the condition the OP describes

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    18 Wheeler - I think you are mixing the FWB 300 Universal with the Walther LGR Universal as the Walther never came with separate cheek pieces...
    Fancy a bet?

The first few months of production 3 were supplied, then 2.

Great rifles, but for a variety of reasons not as popular as the technologically inferior (!) FWB. Prices reflect that based on my knowledge of achieved prices, there's always the chance someone will pay over the odds, you just have to be fortunate in connecting with that person.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Fancy a bet?

The first few months of production 3 were supplied, then 2.
    Nope As it is Walther you could be right
    However I have never seen any articles that mentions separate cheek pieces and never seen a picture of one with them.

Got one yourself ?