May I begin by saying hello as a new member. My interest in airguns goes back over 50 years and I still have my Webley Premier ("B" Series) air pistol with both .177 and .22 barrels. It shoots as well today as it did in the 1960's.

Since recently joining my local club (it has excellent 6 yard and 10 metre ranges) I've had the chance to use their PCP rifles and pistols and I think I've now reached the stage where I need to think seriously about buying my own PCP target rifle. The club's Air Arms PCP Target rifles are great but they’re used by many members who, naturally, adjust the diopter sights to suit their preferences, and I have few opportunities to accurately zero whatever rifle I'm using. So having my own rifle would bring advantages and I'd welcome advice from forum members on a suitable rifle to buy.

Any competitions I enter are likely to be local, so there’s little point in buying the best target rifle money will buy. Having said that, I’ve set myself a budget of about £1,500, so I’m hoping I can buy something good, but obviously not Olympic standard.