Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
I doubt the Umarex finish would last on a pistol with a locked breach and reciprocating action. In fact I bet it would look a lot worse with gouges in the thicker paint than the exposed metal on a KWC

The KWC finishes do seem to wear prematurely, but they end up looking authentic. At this price point I just can't see a problem.
At £198 in the link in the first post? Not far off the proper Umarex pistols then..

Sorry but sliding rail or not the finish on the Umarex guns lasts a lot longer. Look at the video in the first post, the paint finish just scrapes away where the safety catch and slide locking lever rub against the paint. The Umarex finish doesnt scrape off or wear away. I'm not just talking about where it rubs off on the sharp edges as that doesnt look too bad, but it shouldn't be scraped away by the saftey catches etc. That doesnt look authentic to me, just looks cheap.

All I was saying was it is a shame as I do really like these blowback replicas. You just have to basically not use them if you want them to stay looking good.