Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Beretta 92 FS by Umarex

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I really wish they would make one of these with a decent finish. You can already see the paint wearing away on that brand new gun in the video. I'd happily pay extra for one with the same glossy, hard wearing finish as used on the Umarex pellet replicas.
    Think on the old Umarex pistols the paint is baked on to the Zamak alloy casting making it very durable. On the new single action Colt they seem to have developed a sort of blueing for Zamak which is quite nice but sometimes there is a trace of gold colour showing through.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I would rather have paint worn off than the bloom that often appears on the old gloss Umarex finish.
    There is nothing you can do to remedy it.
    The best and most durable finish Umarex did was the silver on the Limited PPC 1500 pistols.

My Umarex Beretta is like 10 years old and still looks great. No silver showing through where the finish has been scraped away by the safety catch on day 1. It does have some discolouring in certain lights, but it doesn't look that bad for its age. I dread to think what these KWC guns will look like in 10 years, if they even still work by then.

I doubt the Umarex finish would last on a pistol with a locked breach and reciprocating action. In fact I bet it would look a lot worse with gouges in the thicker paint than the exposed metal on a KWC

The KWC finishes do seem to wear prematurely, but they end up looking authentic. At this price point I just can't see a problem.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Good point Bloo.

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    I doubt the Umarex finish would last on a pistol with a locked breach and reciprocating action. In fact I bet it would look a lot worse with gouges in the thicker paint than the exposed metal on a KWC

The KWC finishes do seem to wear prematurely, but they end up looking authentic. At this price point I just can't see a problem.
    At £198 in the link in the first post? Not far off the proper Umarex pistols then..

Sorry but sliding rail or not the finish on the Umarex guns lasts a lot longer. Look at the video in the first post, the paint finish just scrapes away where the safety catch and slide locking lever rub against the paint. The Umarex finish doesnt scrape off or wear away. I'm not just talking about where it rubs off on the sharp edges as that doesnt look too bad, but it shouldn't be scraped away by the saftey catches etc. That doesnt look authentic to me, just looks cheap.

All I was saying was it is a shame as I do really like these blowback replicas. You just have to basically not use them if you want them to stay looking good.

At £198 in the link in the first post? Not far off the proper Umarex pistols then..

Sorry but sliding rail or not the finish on the Umarex guns lasts a lot longer. Look at the video in the first post, the paint finish just scrapes away where the safety catch and slide locking lever rub against the paint. The Umarex finish doesnt scrape off or wear away. I'm not just talking about where it rubs off on the sharp edges as that doesnt look too bad, but it shouldn't be scraped away by the saftey catches etc. That doesnt look authentic to me, just looks cheap.

All I was saying was it is a shame as I do really like these blowback replicas. You just have to basically not use them if you want them to stay looking good.
    It doesn't last a lot longer. The Umarex Beretta is basically a bastard half breed, a bad airgun and a bad replica. The finish will last 5 minutes with reciprocating parts and will look ridiculous, i.e. it will not look like a deep lustre blued or Inox finish, it will just look like the shitty Umarex paint with a cheap modelling gloss varnish applied over the top, not the finish of a firearm. Any lubrication will just soil it further.

Most powder burners are exactly the same, no painted Umarex finish on those, just a bit of controlled rust. We are spoiled with airgun finishes as they are not subjected to the same rigours as a powder burner, I can safely say that EVERY powder burner I have ever fired has shown wear marks similar to those on a KWC. Even a shelf queen of a 92FS Inox shows wear on the mating surfaces, a blued model even more so. The Umarex finish does not replicate the finish properly, but Umarex tend not to worry about how accurate their replicas are (thats why they sub them out to KWC).

With regards to price point how much do you want to pay for Beretta branding ? the same gun will be out soon at sub £100 without them. That said I paid less than £100 for my branded CZ75 from ASG, that has a similar finish and after nearly a year of use has no signs of wear.
    Last edited by blooregard; 21-05-2016 at 09:57 PM.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

[QUOTE=blooregard;6996777]It doesn't last a lot longer. The Umarex Beretta is basically a bastard half breed, a bad airgun and a bad replica.

I think you would make a poor Diplomat Bloo!

It doesn't last a lot longer.
    Well, the proof is in the pudding. The Beretta and CP88 in my sig are 10 years old, maybe even older. The safety catches have been worked hundreds of times over that period, yet there is no scraped off finish where the catch has rubbed and the finish hasn't worn on the catch itself. The KWC and other cheap replicas finish starts to scrape and chip on day one, as can be seen in the video in the first post. It is a well known issue, so I don't know why you are so adamant its more durable.

I agree they are much better replicas in terms of looks than the Umarex. That's why they deserve a better finish than a cheap spray paint job, or whatever it is. As I said I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for one that will stay looking semi decent. Each to his own.

Well, the proof is in the pudding. The Beretta and CP88 in my sig are 10 years old, maybe even older. The safety catches have been worked hundreds of times over that period, yet there is no scraped off finish where the catch has rubbed and the finish hasn't worn on the catch itself. The KWC and other cheap replicas finish starts to scrape and chip on day one, as can be seen in the video in the first post. It is a well known issue, so I don't know why you are so adamant its more durable.

I agree they are much better replicas in terms of looks than the Umarex. That's why they deserve a better finish than a cheap spray paint job, or whatever it is. As I said I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for one that will stay looking semi decent. Each to his own.
    Hi mark, i agree with you a bit too, my umarex beretta 92fs is over 11 years old and has seen more co2 capsules then a lot of people put pellets or BB's through their guns, my beretta is still one of my favourite pistols in my collection and one they will never go, i have had and got rid of so many guns but the beretta will never go.. 11+ years old and still going strong, after its 9th year i had to change the co2 seal, last year i had to change the pawl and thats it, yeah i agree with blooregard on the fact that these are not great replicas but thats it, they are by far from a bad airgun.

As you know they are built to last, have good power and great accuracy with the right pellet and shooter and will outlive most if not all KWC pistol.. In my eyes have a good few guns, of all types then you have best of all worlds..
    RS guns do also wear down on the moving contacting parts just not as must as the weak paint coating on airguns, but i dont always see that as a bad thing, i like the used look, Ive not come to argue just to share my opinion..

But if you want your blowback semi auto pistol to look newer or fresher for longer mate, you can get a cerakote coating on the gun or parts, this is much stronger then the cheap thin and light paint coating airguns use..

Happy shooting all..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

You've Convinced Me!

It doesn't last a lot longer. The Umarex Beretta is basically a bastard half breed, a bad airgun and a bad replica. The finish will last 5 minutes with reciprocating parts and will look ridiculous, i.e. it will not look like a deep lustre blued or Inox finish, it will just look like the shitty Umarex paint with a cheap modelling gloss varnish applied over the top, not the finish of a firearm. Any lubrication will just soil it further.

Most powder burners are exactly the same, no painted Umarex finish on those, just a bit of controlled rust. We are spoiled with airgun finishes as they are not subjected to the same rigours as a powder burner, I can safely say that EVERY powder burner I have ever fired has shown wear marks similar to those on a KWC. Even a shelf queen of a 92FS Inox shows wear on the mating surfaces, a blued model even more so. The Umarex finish does not replicate the finish properly, but Umarex tend not to worry about how accurate their replicas are (thats why they sub them out to KWC).

With regards to price point how much do you want to pay for Beretta branding ? the same gun will be out soon at sub £100 without them. That said I paid less than £100 for my branded CZ75 from ASG, that has a similar finish and after nearly a year of use has no signs of wear.
    Put in my order for the Beretta yesterday, along with a Brodax!
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I bought one of these after a haggle.

Nicely made with interesting safety as shown on the video.
    My only Beretta.

At the moment it seems to shoot low but I need to try some different bb s.

Not as heavy as the Umarex pellet firer.
    Hello mate, if your beretta still shooting low? I have just seen that these have a hop-up wheel on the barrel housing/hop-up chamber, try adjusting it to see if it makes a difference..

ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

I swapped it for another Marc.

I blacked out the white dots on sights as advised by an owner ont net and it worked.
    He said dots in wrong place.
    I did ask shop about hop up but they didn't know.

But the new one doesn't always rack properly so I'm still not keen on it.

HI mate, oh yeah I remember now that you took your first one back..
    You should easily notice the hop-up wheel yourself when you remove the slide but I'll try sorted out a picture later if you like?

It's a shame your new one don't rack properly, can't you remove the black from the sights and take it back to the shop, although I know that would be a pain in the but as it's the second one but your entitled to..

By it not racking back properly though mate what's it doing? Not feeding or getting stuck etc?

I must admit although I stopped buying airguns and turned to airsoft because of spares being available I'm very tempted on this beretta and think it could be my next gun in October..

ATB Marc

You rack it and the hammer goes back but it won't fire.
    If you just shoot it without racking its ok.
    Doesn't happen every time tho.