Thread: Mounting a Scope on an F300S.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Mounting a Scope on an F300S.

Touched on this recently in the General Section but I thought I'd raise it on here as you chaps are generally more familiar with the type of rifle in question.
    Ok, not something normally done with a match air rifle such as the 300S but if you wished to mount a scope to the rifle, what scope in your opinion would be the most suitable for general target use ?
    I'm thinking of mainly indoor range work or short range outdoor stuff, certainly not hunting.

Thanks.
    “An airgun or two”………

As you know, John, I'm thinking of doing exactly this with my 300S.

Although I DO like the dioptres, and they have been proven many thousands of times at top level competition, sometimes those dioptres really screw with my iffy eyes.

So, especially as we'll soon be trying ours at longer ranges, I think a scope is the order of the day. And the Running Boar version was a scoped beast, wasn't it?

I think a low mag scope, with the facility to focus clearly at short range will be the order of the day. The little old Simmons 1.5-5x20 would, no doubt, be superb. Or a nice 2-7x32AO with crystal clear optics. If I could justify at the moment, I'd be trying out a Gold Crown Air King in that spec. For the short term, however, I'm just going to stick a Hawke HD Sport 4x32AO on it which is just kicking about doing nothing at the moment and see how we go......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    The little Simmo would seem to be a good choice Tony or something very much like it !
    Small, compact, lightweight, not too much mag and quite bright considering its small 20mm objective lens !
    “An airgun or two”………

Will you be shooting off a rest? or freestanding, or what
    I have a Hawke 8-32 zoom scope on my 300s which I use for 25yd benchrest at 32x. Its 100% accurate at that distance.
    For general target shooting I would suggest a 4-12 zoom set to the highest mag that you are comfortable with.

I have a 4-12 x 44 Simmons on my 300SU. Mounted with a high rise one piece mount.

Why? Because I have a 2x 300s match L, and a 300s Junior all with dioptre sights

I put it on as an experiment........you can count to hairs on a flys arse with it!

Boy its fun on my plinking range.

Charles