Thread: 10m Match Air Rifle Ammunition ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

10m Match Air Rifle Ammunition ?

In the Collectables Section as some of you may know, there's a current thread running enquiring as to what is the best pellet to use in a Feinwerkbau 300s air rifle ? (or any other similar air rifle for that matter)
    Being as recently a few of us have acquired an F300s, me included, I thought I would post the question on here amongst the experts so to speak as unlike me anyway, you guys are doing this all the time !

Thanks,
    John.
    “An airgun or two”………

I recently acquired a fwb pistol and have been using rws hobby, rws r10 and crosman premier match.
    May as well throw the crosmans away - they have mold markings on every single pellet and its nigh on impossible to get tight groups. The hobbies are not bad but unfortunately the r10s, being the most expensive are easily the best. Groupings are half the size of the other two. I also tried geco the other week which were similar to the hobby.

I'll be watching this thread for more suggestions. But for me at the moment, the r10s easily top what I've tried.
    Donald

I tend to feed my FWB's H&N. works for me.

Charles

I have been shooting with 300S (and 300SU) rifles or running clubs with members using 300S and 300SU rifles since the early 1970's and the pellet of choice at the time ( and still valid now) is the Meisterkugeln 4.50.

This is an ideal pellet/rifle combination that always works well.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    A note of observation, quite a few of the pellet outlets seem to be sold out of 4.48 and 4.49 diameter match pellets of different types. Is that because that particular size is preferred ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    +1 for the RWS Meisterklugen's
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    A note of observation, quite a few of the pellet outlets seem to be sold out of 4.48 and 4.49 diameter match pellets of different types. Is that because that particular size is preferred ?
    Most shooters have their own preference regarding size - check out the "in depth" thread on here "4.49 or 4.50" for a very interesting read.

Back in the 70's we did not have to make that choice - everything was 4.50 so life was easy and in those days the only rival pellet to the RWS Meisterkugeln was the H&N (and I used them too) - but the Meisterkugeln seems to be unchanged and works the same as it did then but the H&N pellets are not the same and I understand the lube they use has changed as well.

This change may suite modern and current match rifles better ( for all I know) but for a vintage 300S or 300SU I prefer to stick with the same Meisterkugeln pellet that we all used back then, and if you have the time to do some "in depth" and accurate pellet testing from a clamped rest you will probably find it is still the best combination of barrel and pellet for your 300S.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.