Thread: Need help Identifying This JEM? 1900's air rifle for repairs please.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need help Identifying This GEM? Found a Hold Tite rubber seal inside is this common?

Hi! My local gunshop owner and gunsmith has entrusted me to fix this antique break barrel rifle for him as I've done plenty of work for him in the past with modern airguns (he sticks to powder burners) but this is a little different from what I'm used to. I'm pretty sure it needs a new piston seal, breach seal and the piston spring lock repaired. All I know is that it's German possibly made by JEM, .177 and sold in England by Roberts Gun Maker Steelhouse Lane; he said it's 1900's but looks earlier to me but what do I know? Any info on materials used for these types of rifles' seals etc.. would great, could be leather, early real rubber, no idea but would like to try and repair it as close a possible to stock before I go all modern on it. Cheers!

Ah..it would appear I'm not allowed to post images yet so I can only suggest this link that has all the images in one place as a thread on UBC, sorry for the inconvenience!

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...p?f=14&t=21404
    Last edited by shovelchop81; 27-05-2016 at 02:43 PM.