Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fraudster ruin our chosen pastime

Quote Originally Posted by GSMN1 View Post
    Yep it is. the Venom Hunter ads check out. It IS a venom stock!
    Where did you see my old HW35 in the 55T?
    https://www.walnut.black

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    To your points...
    No, the stock is a venom but it took three pages of this thread to identify it as such. The inner is bog standard and untuned.
    The fact the action was faded was never in question. The guard only revealed crude casting when taken off!
    The man in question saw the photo you saw and gave me a quick answer. I only sent him the action.
    The seller lied about it being validated by a gunsmith as Lazerglide, and its provenance. His entire story and pitch was fabrication.

My point is that's naughty. Particularly when you put yourself up as a guardian of the sport and Airgun coach.
    Yes he offered a refund, which was the right thing to do, but he's not the one to feel sorry for.
    If id lost the plot and gone for an immediate name and shame rant then the gunsmith who he implicated would be the one really suffering!
    And thats the point isn't it. The impact of dishonesty.
    But we all have our views, I appreciate that...
    I understand your point, but given you were advised incorrectly it seems by someone you apparently trusted - is it possible the seller was also advised incorrectly by a gunsmith he trusted and passed it on in good faith.
    It wouldn't be the first time I've seen someone led up the garden path by an 'expert'....

On the subject of injustice. How about this...

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/...psxtluiqhj.png

Another case of people who should've known better taking a liberty.
    We all know that the Prosport is regarded as a lovely rifle, but not their concept?
    https://www.walnut.black

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Where did you see my old HW35 in the 55T?
    On the photobucket next to the 77.

The 77 is still the better rifle to use. Mine has Dave Hall internals. Or at least it might have them. Works good.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    Interesting - how does one determine a copy of the stock from a genuine? Did Venom serial number their stocks to allow for later ID?
    There could be a serial number stamped on the inletting around the trigger area, but were Venom only doing this for a certain period of time ?

The stock I had was a Venom 77 Vantage purchased new 1992 I don't have that stock anymore but I still remember it's serial number.

Given that this stock was very near the 1000th stock Venom had made, would their serial number stamp have been for all their stocks sold, or just for the 77 Vantage stock design ?
    Hw77+7

On the subject of injustice. How about this...

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/...psxtluiqhj.png

Another case of people who should've known better taking a liberty.
    We all know that the Prosport is regarded as a lovely rifle, but not their concept?
    The Pro Sport conception was entirely that of precision engineer Ken Turner. He shared design idea's with Venom Arms for some time in the eighties and built them parts for the Mach series of rifles. There was nothing untoward in any of it.