Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10m pistol comps, info required

10m pistol comps, info required

Im itching to get into some postal leagues and attend some 10m pistol comps, the trouble is, Im struggling to find info.
    Can someone please sort me out with some links.
    I was on the scottish pistol associations website and there is mention of a 10m pistol grand prix in June, but I cant find any dates or links.
    I cant wait for the winter leagues, whats out there!?
    Donald

Might not quite be what you are after but have a look at UBC (Umarex Boys Club). Membership is free.

They have a range of competitions and all internet based. Plenty of categories to choose from - I shoot with a single stroke pneumatic (FAS) and a CO2 BB pistol (Remington 1911).

'Standard' targets and things like Police Pistol too, shot at 6 yards. I can't quite get to 10M on my patio outdoor range so don't do that, or the rifle stuff.

http://umarexboysclub.co.uk/

Hope this helps

Regards
    John

Yeah we have some good a fun shooting comps on UBC, I do the 6 yard open sight comps, for 4.5mm bb pistol, 6mm airsoft pistol, and .177 pellet pistol, and just started the PIPAS lol a take on IPAS looks fun..

ATB Marc.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Im itching to get into some postal leagues and attend some 10m pistol comps, the trouble is, Im struggling to find info.
    Can someone please sort me out with some links.
    I was on the scottish pistol associations website and there is mention of a 10m pistol grand prix in June, but I cant find any dates or links.
    I cant wait for the winter leagues, whats out there!?
    http://www.britishpistolclub.org

Thanks lads.. ill have a look at thise tomorrow.. its mrs thisisdonalds 30th today... time to get blootered!
    Im primarily interested in 10m because of my newly acquired fwv100, but i also have a .22 tempest, .22 scorpion/rd25, .177 nemesis/ tasco 40mm rd, and a .177 gamo falcon.
    If i could ever get my dads mak to stop pissing co2 i could use that too.
    Some of those disciplines sound like fun. Cheers.
    Donald

Hi Donald,

Have a look in the Competitions section of this site for the Muscle Power League - if you have a target rifle or pistol that requires muscular effort to cock rather than a PCP or CO2, the MPL is an excellent starting point. Otherwise, have a look on the NSRA website - they are the governing body for match shooting in the U.K. and will point you in the direction of a local club that participates in postal or shoulder to shoulder events.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

We have a few 10m comps too so I know you would find a few comps you would like mate..

What makarov does your dad have and where's the CO2 leak coming from I might be able to help..

And a big happy birthday to Mrs thisisdonald, hope you both have a great day.

ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Donald,

Have a look in the Competitions section of this site for the Muscle Power League - if you have a target rifle or pistol that requires muscular effort to cock rather than a PCP or CO2, the MPL is an excellent starting point. Otherwise, have a look on the NSRA website - they are the governing body for match shooting in the U.K. and will point you in the direction of a local club that participates in postal or shoulder to shoulder events.

Kind regards,

John
    Cheers John..Imissed entry for the summer league and am eagerly awaiting the winter one.. that gives me plenty of time to practice. in the meantime Im reading loads about technique - the pilkguns website is excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    We have a few 10m comps too so I know you would find a few comps you would like mate..

What makarov does your dad have and where's the CO2 leak coming from I might be able to help..

And a big happy birthday to Mrs thisisdonald, hope you both have a great day.

ATB Marc
    Thanks Marc - Ill pass it on.

I think the mak is a gen1 and just dumps when the bulb is screwed in. it leaks right out of the barrel IIRC.. Ill ask my dad later today when i see him. I had a look at it alomgside the exploded diagram, and was convinced I could fix it, each of the 3 attempts I made. no joy...CO2 is a dark art!!
    Donald

Cheers John..Imissed entry for the summer league and am eagerly awaiting the winter one.. that gives me plenty of time to practice. in the meantime Im reading loads about technique - the pilkguns website is excellent
    The NSRA/Eley postal is a good comp to start with as it is graded, dependant on ability. Any NSRA affiliated club can host entrants and I believe entries close around August with a start in November if memory serves me correctly.

I'm presently contributing occasional articles on technique to Airgun World as I used to shoot 10 metre pistol and you never know, some of the tricks I learned may well help others!

Best of luck,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    The NSRA/Eley postal is a good comp to start with as it is graded, dependant on ability. Any NSRA affiliated club can host entrants and I believe entries close around August with a start in November if memory serves me correctly.

I'm presently contributing occasional articles on technique to Airgun World as I used to shoot 10 metre pistol and you never know, some of the tricks I learned may well help others!

Best of luck,

John
    Nice one John.. Ill keep an eye out for them... Ive been watching the olympic and commonwealth videos on youtube and I notice a lot of the competitors keep diarys. I think Im going to start one myself as I have started to notice little nuances that Im making when I make a good shot, be it stance, or grip, or something else.. one thing I have noticed is, its totally ZEN!! I find that after Ive shot about 20 shots on 2 cards I start to get in the zone and Ive Im starting to hit the bull a lot more frequently - Ive noticed that Im letting these shots off almost accidentally, its like Im using the force lol. Ive realised I just need to try and recreate these conditions for every shot.
    Something that is really holding me back at the moment is the grips - if you have any pointers on modifying the grips to fit - Ideally Id like to have a session with someone who has competed at top level, just to have a look at me and see what jumps out. Another thing Ive found is Im beginning to get an ache in the small of my back on the left side after a prolonged shoot.. maybe 60 or 70 shots.

if you have any pointers for me in regards to this it would be greatly appreciated - my email is thisisdonald@gmail.com if you prefer.
    cheers
    Donald

Nice one John.. Ill keep an eye out for them... Ive been watching the olympic and commonwealth videos on youtube and I notice a lot of the competitors keep diarys. I think Im going to start one myself as I have started to notice little nuances that Im making when I make a good shot, be it stance, or grip, or something else.. one thing I have noticed is, its totally ZEN!! I find that after Ive shot about 20 shots on 2 cards I start to get in the zone and Ive Im starting to hit the bull a lot more frequently - Ive noticed that Im letting these shots off almost accidentally, its like Im using the force lol. Ive realised I just need to try and recreate these conditions for every shot.
    Something that is really holding me back at the moment is the grips - if you have any pointers on modifying the grips to fit - Ideally Id like to have a session with someone who has competed at top level, just to have a look at me and see what jumps out. Another thing Ive found is Im beginning to get an ache in the small of my back on the left side after a prolonged shoot.. maybe 60 or 70 shots.

if you have any pointers for me in regards to this it would be greatly appreciated - my email is thisisdonald@gmail.com if you prefer.
    cheers
    Hi Donald,

I know just what you mean about being in the zone. I used to be totally oblivious to my surroundings when I shot competitively and almost shot on auto pilot. This is where lots of training, familiarity and muscle memory kick in, resulting in hopefully good scores.

Comfortable grips ensure you hold the pistol consistently in exactly the same manner for every shot and a good coach will soon tell if yours need any adjustments. Again, a good small bore club that caters for air pistol should have someone suitable and the NSRA should be able to recommend a local club/coach. I used to shoot a SAM K11 and had the importer set mine up for me when I bought it. I must have spent a couple of hours with him and it was time well spent.

The backache is down to you holding a weight out at arms length over a prolonged period of time. Shooting a pistol standing with a single handed grip is not a natural stance for us mortals and the best remedy is to take plenty of breaks. Perhaps every 5 - 10 shots.

Kind regards,

John

Thanks john.. its good to know im on the right track and not doing somethung completely wrong re the back ache. I set the pistol to dry fire mode and try to get at least 20 practice shots in every day. Its funny, you wouldnt think it helps but sometimes it almost feels like you are shooting. You know when it would have been a good shot, even though nothing leaves the barrel!
    When im in the zone i can score a 42 or 44 . Its just a matter of doing that consistently and trying to have a new zone where occassionaly i score a 46 or 48.
    Im at pains to alter the grip but needs must if i want to improve. I guess ill need to keep a look out for a spare set. Im on that dhd24 site which is pretty good.
    Donald

There is another site i was on and am trying to find again.. it had a light brown background and you scrolled down through alphabetized list of guns and spares with a large photo of each item on the left and a description on the right. Definitely a european site.. i can't remember the name though

found it
    http://www.druckluftwaffenonline.de/zubehoer.htm
    Last edited by thisisdonald; 23-05-2016 at 08:28 PM.
    Donald

Thanks Marc - Ill pass it on.

I think the mak is a gen1 and just dumps when the bulb is screwed in. it leaks right out of the barrel IIRC.. Ill ask my dad later today when i see him. I had a look at it alomgside the exploded diagram, and was convinced I could fix it, each of the 3 attempts I made. no joy...CO2 is a dark art!!
    No problem mate

Is does the co2 dump out before you put the magazine in the gun, or only when you then put the magazine in the gun?
    I would strip it down, inspect it clean it then soak all the seals overnight in a rubber safe silicone oil. then try again, hopefully it does not need a new valve..
    Also on UBC there are a good few baikal makarov owners plus we have a sub section just for the baikal makarovs so im sure you could get the help you need from there too..

ATB, Marc..

There is another site i was on and am trying to find again.. it had a light brown background and you scrolled down through alphabetized list of guns and spares with a large photo of each item on the left and a description on the right. Definitely a european site.. i can't remember the name though

found it
    http://www.druckluftwaffenonline.de/zubehoer.htm
    Donald