Thread: Fast Deer KL3 B

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fast Deer KL3 B

Has anyone got a Fast Deer KL3 B rifle? Bought two of them last week, side lever, sliding breech rifle. They both have two anti bear trap mechs, one which works on a ratchet as you cock it and the 2nd locks the trigger until the side cocking lever is returned to the closed position. They also have a manual safety catch that is fitted through the stock and remains in the stock when removed. My question is does any one know if the ratchet bear trap is adjustable, as one gun is perfect and the ratchet will hold regardless of position of cocking arm, on my 2nd gun you can return the lever overiding the ratchet. It feels like something is sliding over the coils of the spring. There appears to be a slotted screw sticking out of the ratchet mech, could this be to adjust the tension of the bear trap. Don't want to mess with it if it's not. Not much info about on these guns, but got to say I really like their heavy engineering and crudeness. No plastic or pressed steel anywhere,. Any one else worked on one? Thanks John
    Last edited by Joncaddy; 23-05-2016 at 06:01 AM.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!