Thread: Fast Deer KL3 B

Fast Deer KL3 B

Has anyone got a Fast Deer KL3 B rifle? Bought two of them last week, side lever, sliding breech rifle. They both have two anti bear trap mechs, one which works on a ratchet as you cock it and the 2nd locks the trigger until the side cocking lever is returned to the closed position. They also have a manual safety catch that is fitted through the stock and remains in the stock when removed. My question is does any one know if the ratchet bear trap is adjustable, as one gun is perfect and the ratchet will hold regardless of position of cocking arm, on my 2nd gun you can return the lever overiding the ratchet. It feels like something is sliding over the coils of the spring. There appears to be a slotted screw sticking out of the ratchet mech, could this be to adjust the tension of the bear trap. Don't want to mess with it if it's not. Not much info about on these guns, but got to say I really like their heavy engineering and crudeness. No plastic or pressed steel anywhere,. Any one else worked on one? Thanks John
    Last edited by Joncaddy; 23-05-2016 at 06:01 AM.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

I seem to recall they were/are a smallish Chinese rifle that was only available in .177". They have been known by other model names too?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

In fact type Chinese side lever air rifle into your search engine to find out about similar models e.g. qb 58
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I have one of these (found in a skip) but I can't remember how the anti beartrap works.

John Bowkett tuned a few of these, and at least one went out rebarreled in .22".

All the best Mick

Try

Join Chinese airgun forum Uk lots of info there

Fast Deer anti bear trap

Thanks for the response guys. I've trawled the Chinese airgun forum, found a bit on there about these guns and their derivatives, but no mention of this part in particular.? Averageplinker I wouldn't say it's that small a gun, bigger than my Mercury and heavier than mk3 Webley. I have shot about 300 shots through each now and really like the side lever operation, but in typical older Chinese rifle fashion they are like chalk and cheese. One is very light and crisp on the non adjustable trigger, while the other is very heavy. I had the pick of six of these from a shooting club, some looked well used, others look new. think I picked best two.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2013/...elever-part-5/

Quite a long 5-part feature, may be of interest or help.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I have two of these. One has a nice trigger, the other almost requires two fingers! Both sale d lynch missing their front sights, but I get decent results with a scope. Funny, ungainly rifles, and indeed very typical of early Chinese guns.