Thread: Webley Mk 3 service advice needed

Webley Mk 3 service advice needed

Hello all, recently acquired a nice Mk 3 Supertarget, late version with Anschutz sights. Have been through it, looks quite nice inside, but could use advice on two issues:

1. Stock forend has a crack that runs vertically between the cocking slot and trigger opening. I think it would respond well to epoxy, but in spite of going all the way from top to bottom, is so narrow I can't imagine how to get glue in it!

2. The loading tap is offset somewhat to the right, possibly not original to the gun or just worn, not sure. I know the usual answer is to have it plated, but don't know much about how to go about that, materials to be used, fine-tuning required afterwards, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Photo of crack would help to get better advice. Without seeing it I would spring it slightly to open the crack. Set up vertical with open end up then use a hypo syringe and needle to get a diluted PVA mix into voids.

Search this forum for tap refurb. One or two have been done.

have you had the rifle apart and had a look down the comp.tube,through the tap to the barrel?.not that unusual for the loading aperture to be slightly offset but when checked as said turns out to be perfectly in line.worth a look?.

Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    have you had the rifle apart and had a look down the comp.tube,through the tap to the barrel?.not that unusual for the loading aperture to be slightly offset but when checked as said turns out to be perfectly in line.worth a look?.
    Thanks--did not try that, but will. Pellets fired into a soft backstop do seem to show a pretty fierce "shaving" of the skirt, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post
    Thanks--did not try that, but will. Pellets fired into a soft backstop do seem to show a pretty fierce "shaving" of the skirt, though.
    was just a thought and worth a look.i have heard of getting the tap plated but can't remember what the outcomes were.sure someone one on here has done it.
    atb.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    How does the rifle group? If the tap is mis-aligned, grouping will be poor. If it's shooting well, leave it alone.
    For the crack in the stock, would it be possible to inlet a "biscuit" across the crack?
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.