Thread: S&W 686 -v- Umarex Colt Peacemaker BB

S&W 686 -v- Umarex Colt Peacemaker BB

Toying with the idea of selling the 3-barrel set S&W 686 CO2 revolver I have had for many years for a brand new shiny Peacemaker in BB calibre.

Just used for fun plinking by me & my boys.

Would this be folly ?

Would I be disappointed ?

Well I love mine mate. But I would suggest you go hold one first to see if you like one before doing something like that.. And go for the pellet version if you do.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Down to whether your a Dirty Harry or John Wayne fan.

The Colt looks nice, but once the novelty has worn off, you will get tired of the poor accuracy, and wish you still had the S&W.

Just my opinion of course. I don't like bb guns, and of all the co2 guns I have ever owned (I no longer have any) the only one I miss is the Smith and Wesson 686.

I imagine it is also studier than the Colt and likely to last longer. The older design Umarex guns are better built than the stuff currently coming in from the Far East.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    The Colt looks nice, but once the novelty has worn off, you will get tired of the poor accuracy, and wish you still had the S&W.

Just my opinion of course. I don't like bb guns, and of all the co2 guns I ever owned (I no longer have any) the only one I miss is the Smith and Wesson 686.

I imagine it is also studier than the Colt and likely to last longer. The older design Umarex guns are better built than the stuff currently coming in from the Far East.
    The above is what I fear.. the S&W has been great.

I'll just have to save up and get the Colt as well.

Yeah the umarex 686 that you have had years will also last you many more years I'm sure they are built to last and as you know the accuracy is good.. I don't own one because I have always been put of by the fake cylinder, but I have shot more then enough lol..
    They will last longer then the SAA's that's for sure..

But the SAA's are such nice looking and feeling guns and I do highly recommend them if your a SAA fan I say buy one for sure, but swaping your 686 or selling it to buy one that's tricky..

As for accuracy I use H&N copper coated lead BB's in mine and it's accurate enough for what the gun is for, a fun plinker, at 6 yards I get just over 1" or 1.5" groupings no problem at 20ft or 25ft 2" groupings, once you get used to the sights the gun is accurate enough no problem I shoot spent shotgun shells and 1.5" steel knock down targets with mine all day long at 22ft so hitting a can would not be a issue, but the pellet version is meant to be even more accurate at a slightly longer range at 30ft 1.5" to 2" groupings.. It's not as accurate as the 656 but good enough?

I would not want to not have a SAA in my collection I have and have had and got rid of a lot of guns but the SAA is here to stay, I even got rid of my deactivate SAA because I found I was picking up my Umarex SAA more just to fondle lol..

Me if I'm honest I would say keep the 686 but still buy a SAA..

I have done a video on the SAA if that helps to, check it out..

ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Thanks Marc, I have been enjoying your videos and I think they are what got me seriously considering one of these guns. Mmm.... save up a bit more !

Get the pellet Peacemaker.
    More accurate ,and boys and BBs don't mix.

Quote Originally Posted by arjimlad View Post
    The above is what I fear.. the S&W has been great.

I'll just have to save up and get the Colt as well.
    I think that would be best.

Importing from the continent is often very cost effective. The bb ones work out at about 115 quid - add a fiver for postage.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

The S&W is the best Umarex offering to date - by far!

Quote Originally Posted by arjimlad View Post
    Thanks Marc, I have been enjoying your videos and I think they are what got me seriously considering one of these guns. Mmm.... save up a bit more !
    No problem mate and im glad you enjoy the videos comments like that make it worthwhile, yeah i think thats the best thing, save up and then buy the SAA, Then you have both and you and your boys can shoot together too, might as well go for the pellet version too then you can share pellets too why not.

ATB, Marc..

Yes and YES!

I have the 586-6 that I've been looking high and low for a 8" barrel.
    I have Four SAAs, three BB, one Pellet, they are beauties.
    But for shooting they are not in the same league as the S&W
    Why would You want to part with an Old and True Friend?
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

S&W 686 -v- Umarex Colt Peacemaker BB

I would not part with the 686 pistol as this will definitely outlast the SAA and the 686 is more accurate than the latter. Hold on to it but by all means buy a SAA.

toysteam