Thread: SARC vs HFT

SARC vs HFT

On Sunday a few of us from New Kypeside ARC visited Westfield ARC and shot the same SARC (Sporting Air Rifle Challenge) course used for the Scottish round 1 on the 8th May. We were all impressed and had a great time. We loved the freedom or at times the challenge of choosing or making up your own shooting positions, the natural obstacles and realistic sized kills. Far better than the artificial "shooting off the peg" down "clean lanes" in HFT. Pete got very decent score of 50 and I a 48. I think we are all converts. Well done Westfield ARC.
    Think Twice, Shoot Once

Quote Originally Posted by Sloughi View Post
    On Sunday a few of us from New Kypeside ARC visited Westfield ARC and shot the same SARC (Sporting Air Rifle Challenge) course used for the Scottish round 1 on the 8th May. We were all impressed and had a great time. We loved the freedom or at times the challenge of choosing or making up your own shooting positions, the natural obstacles and realistic sized kills. Far better than the artificial "shooting off the peg" down "clean lanes" in HFT. Pete got very decent score of 50 and I a 48. I think we are all converts. Well done Westfield ARC.
    I really like the sound of the SARC rules but considering there isn't even any normal hft anywhere near me I won't build my hopes up of getting to try it

Quote Originally Posted by Sloughi View Post
    This is one of the reasons that I don't take part in HFT competitions, besides being a lousy shot , of course. I once had a rather interesting but heated discussion with a gentleman who was setting up a course. He was doing his best to place the targets in unnatural positions requiring the shooter to be a contortionist to make the shot at the target. He told me that live targets in the real world do not place themselves for our convenience, my reply was that in such cases the hunter would just pass on the shot or stalk the target till presented better.

A.G

Agree. SARC's brill.
    Edd.
    The only good rat is a dead rat and the best poison to use is lead.... .25 Flavour
    No I don't want the bucket closer

It's a pity more clubs don't offer SARC courses, there's obviously a growing demand for something different to HFT(FT)
    Basc member

*** Looking for a Diana 54/52 ***

Quote Originally Posted by R10_Mark View Post
    It's a pity more clubs don't offer SARC courses, there's obviously a growing demand for something different to HFT(FT)
    Is there a demand? what are you basing that on? UKSARC seemed to die out from lack of support when I last looked at the numbers.

HFT in the SWEFTA region closely follows the SARC model. Usually 2 targets per lane, max 12x mag scope, must touch the peg, you can pre-focus your scope for each target before you look through it to try to get a clear image, sitting position allowed.

No targets have mandatory positions, if you can take the shot best by kneeling then so be it.

Oh, and targets out to 55 yards.

Numbers increased to the point where there are now separate categories, precharged, springer and open. In the open class you can use a bipod.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    Is there a demand? what are you basing that on? UKSARC seemed to die out from lack of support when I last looked at the numbers.
    Basing it on the fact more people seem to be talking it and wanting to find clubs in the this area of the country. I thought it died off due to one of the founders passing away.
    Basc member

*** Looking for a Diana 54/52 ***